HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
daddyshah

Re: HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Post by daddyshah »

Mumzzpet wrote:We finally got confirmation from school and we have accepted the offer :)
Although council said they will only inform on
10May along with third allocation
As you have accepted the offer, I would recommend that you email barnet school admissions and HB to confirm this acceptance. In a separate email, I would inform the school which you were offered previously and your LA (if different to Barnet) to inform them that you are taking a place at HB instead. This serves to speed up the allocation process for all those anxious parents waiting for the WL to move.
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

Mumzzpet wrote:We finally got confirmation from school and we have accepted the offer :)
Congratulations Mumzzpet. :) Do they give a deadline to accept/decline the offer? Or is it open until you respond?
Mumzzpet

Post by Mumzzpet »

daddyshah wrote:
As you have accepted the offer, I would recommend that you email barnet school admissions and HB to confirm this acceptance. In a separate email, I would inform the school which you were offered previously and your LA (if different to Barnet) to inform them that you are taking a place at HB instead. This serves to speed up the allocation process for all those anxious parents waiting for the WL to move.
Yes we have informed everyone . Barnet council and Hb confirmed . Though our council said they will confirm only with the third allocation . We have also informed the current school that we are awaiting confirmation from our council .
Mumzzpet

Post by Mumzzpet »

GreenDolphin wrote:
Congratulations Mumzzpet. :) Do they give a deadline to accept/decline the offer? Or is it open until you respond?
Not very sure . I think it’s automatic allocation to a school in your higher priority . U get offered once a place is available unless u remove from waiting list . I could be wrong
In our case they sent it out in 26th and we came to know only on May 2 . And they asked us to confirm by email that we accept the offer . Once we did that they said they have confirmed with Barnet council .
spat

Post by spat »

Mumzzpet wrote:
GreenDolphin wrote:
Not very sure . I think it’s automatic allocation to a school in your higher priority . U get offered once a place is available unless u remove from waiting list . I could be wrong
In our case they sent it out in 26th and we came to know only on May 2 . And they asked us to confirm by email that we accept the offer . Once we did that they said they have confirmed with Barnet council .
Congrats! Mumzzpet, What waiting list number was yours!
Thanks
sp
Mommie

Post by Mommie »

Just checked. Up to WL 23 have been offered
Taureanmum

Post by Taureanmum »

Congratulations to all those who have been offered a place at HBS. Is anyone among them from Watford, Bushey, Northwood areas please?
TIA
HBSWL

Post by HBSWL »

I have just checked with school and they confirmed that they have offered a place to waiting list number 25.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you. Good to know this waiting list is moving.

25 means that 25% of the 100 allocated places on March 1st have been given up. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Daogroupie wrote:Thank you. Good to know this waiting list is moving.

25 means that 25% of the 100 allocated places on March 1st have been given up. DG
Lovely as it is for numbers 1 - 25 on the waiting list, I fail to see why it is such a good thing in itself?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now