HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Re: HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Post by Daogroupie »

The students who have given up the places have secured another school that they prefer.

The students who have taken the places want to go to HBS. How lovely that all concerned have got what they wanted. DG
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Daogroupie wrote:Thank you. Good to know this waiting list is moving.

25 means that 25% of the 100 allocated places on March 1st have been given up. DG
Don’t think so. Each space made available to the waiting list means that one family declined a spot and the school has started the process of filling it. The school offers the seat to whomever is ranked first on the waiting list. If that family accepts it, a second seat would need to be declined before a space is available to offer to the next person on the waiting list. However, a single spot could be offered to many families one after another until someone accepts. It’s highly likely that some of the waiting list people also say, “Thanks, but no thanks” when the offer materialises. Perhaps they realise the journey was ridiculous / the school they were offered isn’t actually a cesspit / their older sibling came in handy and bumped junior up the list of a more local school that’s more convenient / family circumstances have changed and they’re getting out of Dodge /whatever. No reason to conclude that 25% of the original hundred declined...
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

Happy to share the good news that our WL position (#28) has been offered and we have accepted it. :) I take this opportunity to thank you all for the great support and help you have given during this difficult period. Btw, we have declined our earlier offer (second preference school). The whole process (from getting the offer phone call from our local council to declining the earlier offer) has taken nearly a week. Good luck to all who are still waiting hopefully. There will be some movement just before the school starts.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Congratulations to your family.

What a long wait.

Thanks for updating us.

I hope you can really enjoy the summer now.

How long had it been with no movement? DG
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

Daogroupie wrote:Congratulations to your family.

What a long wait.

Thanks for updating us.

I hope you can really enjoy the summer now.

How long had it been with no movement? DG
Thanks Daogroupie. There were some movement but was not sure when will it reach to 28! Around three weeks ago, we heard it was at #25. It's good that we got it before all the new starters meet ups!
Mommie

Post by Mommie »

Really delighted! DD was 31 on the WL. Has just been offered a place!!!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Fantastic news. You must be delighted.

Congratulations to your family. DG
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

Mommie wrote:Really delighted! DD was 31 on the WL. Has just been offered a place!!!
Mommie, Congratulations to you and your DD. :) You may have gone through the same pain that we went through in the last few months. All paid off! Good luck.
HBSWL

Post by HBSWL »

I am delighted that HBS called me yesterday to offer my daughter a place there. Her position on the waiting list was 33. I think it's moving faster now. Thanks all. Your comments here helped a lot.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Wow. What is happening? This is a lot of movement in one week.

Congratulations to your family. DG