HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Post by tiffinboys »

K1K2 wrote:My DD is on HBS WL. A friend of mine said that my DD could be pushed back in the WL from her current position if someone who achieved higher mark than her and but did not put HBS on CAF deadline day has now decided to go to HBS. I was told that as they are late for the CAF deadline day they couldn't be added on it but after the allocations has been made she can get jump into a position in the WL. Can someone please verify this? as its not fair ( I know nothing in this world is fair) as the rules were set out and if one doesn't put the school in CAF should not be allowed in as the results were out before the CAF deadline day and they should have at least put the school in the CAF list. If this is true than there is no point of CAF deadline day.
Do you know any girl who scored in band A and didn't put HBS as higher preference on CAF, but now opting for HBS through WL?
daddyshah

Post by daddyshah »

K1K2 wrote:My DD is on HBS WL. A friend of mine said that my DD could be pushed back in the WL from her current position if someone who achieved higher mark than her and but did not put HBS on CAF deadline day has now decided to go to HBS. I was told that as they are late for the CAF deadline day they couldn't be added on it but after the allocations has been made she can get jump into a position in the WL. Can someone please verify this? as its not fair ( I know nothing in this world is fair) as the rules were set out and if one doesn't put the school in CAF should not be allowed in as the results were out before the CAF deadline day and they should have at least put the school in the CAF list. If this is true than there is no point of CAF deadline day.
A child WL number can move higher under a number of circumstances in addition to the one you mentioned - eg if they had placed HBS lower down the CAF preference and were allocated a school with a higher preference, they can still choose to go on the HBS WL and if their score is higher than a number of DD's on the WL then they would slot in the appropriate position, pushing down children with lower scores. However, the situation you highlight is unlikely to be very common but certainly a possibility.
Dev1

Post by Dev1 »

DG - for Year 2019-2020 - they have officially updated to 100 now.
Daogroupie wrote:It is incredible that such a basic part of admissions criteria, the PAN, can be such an area of confusion with regards to HBS.

Why is HBS able to get away year after year with not updating the PAN if they have been taking in more than 93?

DG
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thanks Dev1. DG
superchild

Post by superchild »

Has everyone got their WL numbers?
Mumzzpet

Post by Mumzzpet »

I emailed the school. Until WL16 has been contacted they said .
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thanks for the update.

This is indeed good news but six weeks after allocation day four of those families invited to offer day are still waiting.

I really hope there will be more movement soon. DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

May be this time only serious people applied for place in HBS.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tiffinboys wrote:May be this time only serious people applied for place in HBS.
Surely not :shock:

I find it really bizarre that HBS and QE are apparently the most desirable state schools on the planet, yet each year, so many people put themselves in the position of holding a place at one of them until something better turns up (or, of course, they get round to telling the state school that their DC is not going there, which isn't necessarily the same thing).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Perhaps an empty wall to stick Top State School’s Offer Letter?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now