HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GreenDolphin

Re: HBS allocations 1st March 2018

Post by GreenDolphin »

Daogroupie wrote:Accept your second place choice and you will automatically stay on the waiting list for your first choice school which was HBS.

You should hear shortly what your waiting list position is and forum members who are offered places tend to post so we can track the list on here.

There are three offer day slots today at HBS: 915am, 1130am and 135pm.

All those who received offers were invited and the first twenty on the waiting list as the waiting list has always gone way beyond twenty.

As mentioned the list reached the 30s last year. DG
Thanks Daogroupie. I admire the way you put across lots of information in this forum. They are really useful to all of us. Thanks again. :) So, what you say is, another 10 or so may get placed at the end. How do we know what was the least rank offered a place and what is the last rank in Band A (total Band A candidates)? It is so difficult to get a grip of the system at HBS. :( I suppose announcing the mark or rank would help much. :idea:
svg123

Post by svg123 »

I second that .. DG's and other moderator's information sharing has helped us as well. Thank you all

@GreenDolphin .. here is the breakdown of past three years:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

piggys wrote:Well done everyone. The school is definitely open, dd has gone in as usual (much to her chagrin, since her sister's school and most others in LB Barnet are closed!)
We have a similar issue in our house! :lol:
Mummyzilla

Post by Mummyzilla »

Unfortunately, those on the waiting list beyond 20 are not invited to the open day. We were in a similar position. We called the school to ask if we could visit and they couldn't allow it. However, my husband went to the open day held for the next year's cohort and this confirmed our desire to remain on the waiting list. We accepted our offered school (another grammar school) and stayed on the waiting list. We phoned the school and Barnet Council regularly to get an update on our waiting list position. In the end when we got the phone call in the summer the officer at Barnet Council knew us on first name basis.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Latymer and HBS do not release rank or score.

But we know that the waiting list reached the 30s last year and you will be given your waiting list position so you will have a good idea of how you stand. DG
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

Daogroupie wrote:Latymer and HBS do not release rank or score.

But we know that the waiting list reached the 30s last year and you will be given your waiting list position so you will have a good idea of how you stand. DG
Is those 30 after excluding top 20 who have gone for the tour today or including them? I think it's including those 20 which means another 10 or so will get a place. Is that right? Is that waiting list of only Band A candidates or including Band B candidates as well?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The waiting list will be done by total score for all those who do not currently hold a place and have HBS as a higher rank choice than the school they have currently been offered.

The top twenty who were invited to offer day will be included in that. DG
GreenDolphin

Post by GreenDolphin »

svg123 wrote:I second that .. DG's and other moderator's information sharing has helped us as well. Thank you all

@GreenDolphin .. here is the breakdown of past three years:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... sthrough=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks a lot svg123. :) According to this, another 25 or so apart from the top 20 in the waiting list (invited today) will get a chance. But, when others say early 30s got placed last year, I'm bit confused on whether 10 more or 25 more get a place. Am I missing something here? Sorry! :roll:
NP123

Post by NP123 »

My DD was in Band A too and not been offered a place. Any idea when they will provide us with any information about the waiting list. HBS are so tight lipped. Wish they could be a bit more transparent....so frustrating and disappointing as a parent.
vinb7

Post by vinb7 »

Apologies not read the whole thread but am i right in thinking not all Band A got an offer? What is the position with the waiting list - Has this been sent out. Does the school give this information or the local authority?

Is the open day for all those who got offers - Today?

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now