Any news on those choosing between HBS and other offer?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Khushi6

Any news on those choosing between HBS and other offer?

Post by Khushi6 »

Dear All,

I have been one of the parents who have dealt with a daughter in tears on the 1st of March and now one of a daught crossing all her fingers and toes of a place at HBS with her best friend since she was 4. She is in the top 5 on the waiting list. Are there any kind parents who might share that they will not be accepting their well deserved HBS seat for an equally well deserved other?

This information will help a mind that has been yo-yoing since September 2018....x
Naushad

Re: Any news on those choosing between HBS and other offer?

Post by Naushad »

following
+1
Khushi6

Post by Khushi6 »

Thanks Naushad, how are things on your side? Where you there in Thursday? Do you have any idea of any girls who may say no to HBS? My DD has a “friend” sitting on a place and a scholarship at an indie that too a huge one. I know all parents should have time to think but I hope someone is kind enough to share that they will be turning a place down at HBS. I have read old posts from 2016,2017 and 2018 people were so great at sharing. Let’s hope this thread creates some excitement!
AnKim16

Post by AnKim16 »

Khushi6 wrote:Thanks Naushad, how are things on your side? Where you there in Thursday? Do you have any idea of any girls who may say no to HBS? My DD has a “friend” sitting on a place and a scholarship at an indie that too a huge one. I know all parents should have time to think but I hope someone is kind enough to share that they will be turning a place down at HBS. I have read old posts from 2016,2017 and 2018 people were so great at sharing. Let’s hope this thread creates some excitement!

There will be few movements in the waiting list in the next few weeks, especially next week as people will have to say a definite Yes or No to their acceptance at Indies.
We've just decided that we will release our offer at HBS.
I am confident that your DD will have a place at HBS sooner or later as her position in the waiting list is quite high.
Best of luck.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Khushi6 wrote:Thanks Naushad, how are things on your side? Where you there in Thursday? Do you have any idea of any girls who may say no to HBS? My DD has a “friend” sitting on a place and a scholarship at an indie that too a huge one. I know all parents should have time to think but I hope someone is kind enough to share that they will be turning a place down at HBS. I have read old posts from 2016,2017 and 2018 people were so great at sharing. Let’s hope this thread creates some excitement!
Yes, We were there on Thursday. We are also waiting for the same thing. All the best to everyone.
Khushi6

Post by Khushi6 »

AnKim16 wrote:

There will be few movements in the waiting list in the next few weeks, especially next week as people will have to say a definite Yes or No to their acceptance at Indies.
I am confident that your DD will have a place at HBS sooner or later as her position in the waiting list is quite high.
Best of luck.
Thank you so much for sharing! You are getting us closer to that finish line
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

AnKim16 wrote:

Best of luck.
Many thanks for sharing this here. All the very best for your decision!
cyclingbeard

Post by cyclingbeard »

we also informed LA of the decline this week
Khushi6

Post by Khushi6 »

cyclingbeard wrote:we also informed LA of the decline this week
Thanks for letting me know. I’m finding the wait until the second allocation so long. Especially as DD would like to know where she is indeed going.
Solara

Post by Solara »

No update yet !!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now