Mill Hill County School

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
basicbob

Mill Hill County School

Post by basicbob »

Hi,

I son will be offered a place at Mill Hill (Year 7) through sibling link. Older son is in the 6th form and didn't go to the lower school.

Not sure between Mill Hill County and Avanti House (New State School in Stanmore).

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience?

Is Mill Hill County still very good?

I'm a bit surprised they haven't published their GCSE results (high level) when most schools have posted something on their website.

Do any parents have children in Mill Hill? Are they enjoying it?
copella

Re: Mill Hill County School

Post by copella »

I haven't heard anything negative about the school but would not worry about them not publishing gcse results in the website. Latymer didn't publish theirs but the pupils did really well a 10% improvement on last yr for the top grades. Do you know anyone who attends the school who could help?
basicbob

Post by basicbob »

My older son has only got experience of the first year so wanted to hear from other parents or any stories from a friend of a friend

Any other feedback
piggys

Post by piggys »

My dd is in Y9 at the school and is doing very well there; the curriculum is wide and this is especially reflected at 6th form - it's one of the very few state schools to still offer Latin, for example, at A level (even Latymer can no longer offer this, sadly).

My dd got into the school via dance and I have to say the music, drama and dance at the school is really excellent. She does loads of dance and choir and is very involved in the school. The Head is a music teacher so he really values this element of education and it really lifts the school, IMO.

Academically progress is tracked clearly and teaching is strong. I know lots of dc higher up the school who are doing well.