Year 13 Final day school pranks

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
RedVelvet

Re: Year 13 Final day school pranks

Post by RedVelvet »

A few years ago my sons' school had some new blue cladding. A bright Ikea type blue. The yr 13s put up quite a few signs round town with directions to 'Gloucester's new Ikea!'

This yr the school gave all the yr 12s the day off. I think they were playing a numbers game. My son is most excited about claiming the yr13 side of the common room!
peartree

Post by peartree »

I think its a way of bonding one final time and a way of saying goodbye to the school they spent their formative years in

With social media I imagine they will be able to keep in touch with their school friends
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

They aren't saying goodbye though - there are back in for exams - assuming they are allowed to sit them. I still keep in touch with friends from Secondary school and we didn't need any foolish pranks to complete our time at school.
peartree

Post by peartree »

The way the timetables for exams run sometimes its not possible, to meet up with everyone

Also things become very serious for the QE boys trying to maintain their premier status.......lol
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Results day?! It's much better to get together after exams - a celebration on book return day might be another idea.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Golly.

QE boys displaying a bit of joie de vivre?

The school has failed in its basic mission of churning out a bunch of dementors!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Perhaps some of us think there are better ways of celebrating than smoking and drinking - some groups of students give something back to the school rather than thinking only of themselves.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Guest55 wrote:some groups of students give something back to the school
Who's to say these students don't?

But are you suggesting that there shouldn't be a single moment of pure celebration - must every action be "worthy" ??
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

At DDs School, by doing it on a normal school day, it does give something to the school, the whole School get involved with it, it helps the girls (and teachers too) from all years have some fun together. DD was on the receiving end for 4 years, and loved it. I think that’s important. Obviously the school does too. It’s some light stress relief before they start the serious business of exams.

It would be difficult to do it after the exams, as not all girls stay for sixth form, therefore wouldn’t be there for the induction day. Some have also said they can’t stay long on results day, so it’s a dash in, get results, dash out.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

A water 'fight' outside is somewhat different to smoking and drinking - there are many ways of having fun without upsetting others.

I know my 'memories' of a cohort are often based on how well they celebrate - some groups know what is appropriate.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now