HBS induction day ?

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Doughnut

Re: HBS induction day ?

Post by Doughnut »

She can’t decide as she wants to go to both of them. I would like her to go to induction day. But I understand her feelings as she loves her primary school. :( What activities do they do on the induction day?
nyr

Post by nyr »

A couple of years ago they did drama, sports and had mock lessons with fun science experiments and perhaps even some creative literacy (sorry, I only have a vague memory of this last bit). The Director of Music got all the girls to work together on a song and parents were invited to hear them sing at the end of the induction day. All very enjoyable for the girls and heartwarming for the parents.

One of the downsides for DD was that on the induction day she was assigned her form and spent the day with girls whom she thought would be with her for the next few years, only to find out a week later that there was an error and many of the girls, including DD, would be reassigned to different forms. She was a bit unsettled by this.

BTW congratulations to your DD for securing her place. I remember you mentioned on a IC / OOC Latymer thread that she has an interest in music. I still maintain that she won't be disappointed with the musical opportunities at HBS.
Doughnut

Post by Doughnut »

Nyr, Thank you for remembering that my DD is interested in music !
She is so excited to join HBS in September :D even though she has no friends going there.

Thank you for the information about the induction day. That sounds great. She is still trying to decide whether to go to the sports day or the induction day.
I will leave her to decide about that :)
Mommie

Post by Mommie »

We were just offered a place at HBS! Super excited for DD. Pls can someone give more info regarding the induction day and the bowling day out