QE boys Open Day

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
worrybot

QE boys Open Day

Post by worrybot »

Hi

Does any one know if the Head of the school talks and gives a speech on the Open Day? I may not have looked properly and cant find this information on the website and wonder if any one knows?

If the Head has a speech like other schools do please can you confirm what time it will be.

Thank you
Thank you,

Worrybot
Daogroupie

Re: QE boys Open Day

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes he does.

They do not have a set time.

They wait until enough parents are seated in the hall and then do one.

Other parents are directed on tours around the school while the speech goes on. So if you arrive when the hall is quite full then wait for a speech in the hall but if you arrive when there is hardly anyone in the hall go on your tour first.

Late afternoon is a good time to arrive. They do not rush parents out. I got locked in the Spires car park one year as I was there so late so I recommend Barnet Hosptial car park rather than the Spires if you are arriving later. DG
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

It's a 5 minute walk from the hospital car park.

But it's a nice day so why not park a few streets away from the school and walk for 10 minutes - and leave the hospital car park for those visiting their nearest and dearest in the evening.

It is, understandably, annoying for the hospital if their car park fills up every time QE has an event.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Daogroupie wrote:Late afternoon is a good time to arrive. They do not rush parents out. I got locked in the Spires car park one year as I was there so late so I recommend Barnet Hosptial car park rather than the Spires if you are arriving later. DG
I thought you had daughters? What was the draw of going round a school your children were never going to be able to attend?
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

Thank you all.

We intend to arrive by 4.30 pm and hope to hear the head's speech. Latymer's and DAO have fixed time for the speech and this made me wonder if the Head will talk at QE Boys.

We are not far away from the school so intend on using public transport instead of driving and worrying about parking related matters.

Thank you once again for your responses.
Thank you,

Worrybot
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Good time to arrive. You should have plenty of time to attend the speech and go on the tour. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Gosh, I'm glad that the local hospital has so many parking spaces available that they can be used by those having nothing to do with the hospital :) . Definitely not the case anywhere that I have worked. Or attended or visited, for that matter.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
piggys

Post by piggys »

No, do NOT use a hospital car park. What an abuse of resources that is. DG are you for real ? Are you actually recommending this? What about all the PATIENTS and y, know - SICK PEOPLE?? What an outrage. :cry:
andybuck

Post by andybuck »

Hospital parking for visiting the school must be avoided. We once had trouble finding a parking spot when taking a family member to that hospital.
piggys

Post by piggys »

I'm local. I'm fed up with the lunacy of mad school commutes and exam tourist invasions turning Barnet into a motor show.Maybe I'll call the hospital and tell them when the tours are so they can slap a few folk with penalty notices. Then they will all blame you DG.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now