DAO exams Sep 18

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ale21279

Re: DAO exams Sep 18

Post by ale21279 »

Are we allowed to talk about the maths on here, no content but in general?
Drmamma77

Post by Drmamma77 »

I suspect there is a back up date .I'm itching to read comments and talk about DS experience.Might have to hold our peace.
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

There is a backup date. Not sure when it is!

It's going to be a long wait until results day now.
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

I'm dying to talk about it too Drmamma but I guess we can't yet... suffice to say DS found it harder than the CEM & English

Did anyone else notice there were much fewer people waiting at collection time than on Saturday?

Yes Trakka, a long wait... but hopefully sooner than last year (was week of Oct half term I believe) as with the new admissions procedure they will have fewer English & Maths papers to mark? Only top 325 of CEM get the other papers marked...

Anyone else doing music tomorrow?

We're looking forward to a bit of normality with school starting again!
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

My DD found it harder than VR and English as well.

Yes I noticed that there were fewer people at pick up but my DD said that there weren't any empty seats in her room. All I can put it down to is that Saturday must have been more of a "family outing" :lol:

I think I read somewhere that results would be out on 24th which is middle of half term week. I'm quite glad as that means no chatting in the playground or at school gate for a few days!

Yes we're off to music tomorrow and then no more 11+ exams. Hoorah!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Actually they will be marking just 13 fewer papers than they did last year as this year it will be 325 and last year it was 338.

Not nearly so crowded at pickup today. But was this because some applicants did not return for the Maths as Friday went badly for them or because only one parent came today?

Did any student report any empty seats in their exam classroom?

They usually get the results out just before half term. They like to under promise and over perform! 2013 it was Sat 20th October.

The backup date for those who were ill is Tuesday 11th September, the day before the third Latymer date.

The numbers involved are usually very small as it is illness on the original exam day only. DG
Last edited by Daogroupie on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Good luck to your DC, Ale and all other DCs sitting the music today. My DD seems the most nervous about this one! Don't know if it's just because she's tired.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

My dd and others I know of really enjoyed the Music test.

A much smaller group of students sit this and it is over very quickly so parents are invited to stay and wait downstairs.

When my dd did this students called out good luck as they came through the school grounds to the music department which is at the back of the school.

The new Y7s are starting today so you will see lots of students in their shiny new uniform.

Results will arrive very quickly by post in the new few days so that students have plenty of time to prepare for their audition if they score highly enough in the first round. DG
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Trakka wrote:Good luck to your DC, Ale and all other DCs sitting the music today. My DD seems the most nervous about this one! Don't know if it's just because she's tired.
Thanks Trakka, you too. Best of luck.

My son was just happy to be back at school today, Y6 will be like a holiday after all the work he's been doing this summer! :lol:

He doesn't seem nervous about the music at all, but seems to have been taking most of it in his stride

I hope the main results do come out before 24th as that's only one week before we have to make our final choice.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This is the seventh year since the Admissions Code determined that results needed to come out before the CAF was due in on 31st October.

The decision of which school you would prefer if you have the results to apply can be made without the results.

The results could give you more or less choice. But you really do not need to wait until the final week to decide, especially between DAO and QE as the QE results will be out first week in October. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now