DAO exams Sep 18

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ale21279

Re: DAO exams Sep 18

Post by ale21279 »

DG, DAO would always be our first choice, that's true.

I thought it was harder to get through CEM round this year but you say that 7 more children will have their papers marked than last year?

Music exam is done, again smooth organization, no logistical problems.
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

DAO is our first choice as well.

My DH took my DD today but apparently she was ok when she came out of the exam.

My DD goes back tomorrow. She is looking forward to year 6!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I hope your dc have a lovely relaxing week at school after all that hard work. DG
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Daogroupie wrote:I hope your dc have a lovely relaxing week at school after all that hard work. DG
Thanks DG!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Sorry it was 338 Maths and English papers marked last year. So just 13 fewer this year.

Last year the lowest Maths and English scores were both 14% and the highest Maths was 86% and English 92%.

No student who secured a mark in the 80s or above in either Maths or English failed to secure a place.

So the message is definitely if you are weak in one of the two it would be better to cut your losses and focus on the other and get higher marks in that one.

So don't despair if one of them did not go so well so long as the other one was a lot stronger.

Highest CEM score was 137.

DG
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Thanks DG!

It's funny how 325 doesn't seem many but then it's not that much different to prior years!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

How does the school rank the candidates? It can't really guarantee that the score of the 325th won't be a tie with several / many others, surely?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

If there is a tie it will be done on distance. There could well be ten plus on the 325th highest score. There were a lot of students on 115 last year which was the lowest score to get the English and Maths papers marked.

HBS goes to two decimal points in their ranking. DG
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Toadmum, if there is a tie it goes to distance

/http://damealiceowens.herts.sch.uk/admissions/

Cross posted with DG
ally99

QE Boys past papers

Post by ally99 »

Hi,

Can anyone pls help in guiding how to prepare for QE boys test, I cant find any past test papers of QE and their website just says GL assessment criteria but some ppl says that its not definite they will follow the same pattern, so is that true ? Is there any parent in the forum who can guide if they have multiple choice pattern for both math and english or its different and any recommendations for the books. ?

thanks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now