DAO exams Sep 18

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
booboobdoo

Re: DAO exams Sep 18

Post by booboobdoo »

Hello all and good luck to you DC's. Is the English/VR proportion of this DAO test similar to that of HBS? I am a little confused as DD will sit for it next year. Is it English or VR CEM?
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

ally99, I would recommend starting a new post for QE queries as this one is for DAO. QE do multiple choice for Maths and English, so good idea to get used to doing answers on a separate answer page from the question paper.

They have test papers on their website here https://www.qebarnet.co.uk/admissions-i ... st-papers/ but from what I can gather, the real thing is much harder than these.

booboobdoo, what DAO call Verbal Reasoning is actually CEM. They have a separate English paper consisting of comprehension and creative writing. I don't know about HBS as I only have DS
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

ally99, please post on one of the QE threads. This is a thread for DAO.

There are sample papers on the QE website.

QE uses Multiple Choice English and Maths.

That is their format as experienced year after year on by the ds of forum members and it is clearly stated on their website with examples of the format.

Don't listen to some people. Read the experience of forum members on here and read the QE website.

Is your ds sitting in 15 days time or next year? DG
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The DAO exam consists of three papers: standard format Maths, Standard format English and English CEM.

English CEM is basically vocabulary. HBS also uses English CEM but they add Maths CEM to it as well. DG
booboobdoo

Post by booboobdoo »

Thank you Ale and Daogroupie
booboobdoo

Post by booboobdoo »

So is it the correct thing to be doing VR CEM in preparation for English CEM for DAO and HBS? We are going through CGP english, Cem VR, FpTp cem VR, First aid in English!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes. We will find out in the next few weeks the lowest CEM score this year to get through the first round of HBS and DAO.

DG
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Anyone else feeling anxious whilst waiting for the DAO results? Really, really hoping that they come out this week!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They are not going to come out this week.

DAO has stated they will be posted on 24th October which is next Wednesday so they will arrive next Thursday. DG
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Daogroupie wrote: They usually get the results out just before half term. They like to under promise and over perform! 2013 it was Sat 20th October.
Ah, I was hoping your previous statement was correct. Ok, I'll expect next Thursday and if they come earlier then it's a bonus!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now