Exam ifo leaked for Latymer

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: Exam ifo leaked for Latymer

Post by Daogroupie »

Were their parents boasting about it or do they have notes they are revising in the queue?

How do you know? Have you seen them with the information?

We all hope that their cheating will be thwarted by a different paper. DG
Italian

Post by Italian »

leanmeamum wrote:I have written to the admissions department and have asked everyone I know (who sat yesterday + people who haven't cheated and are sitting today) to write to the school.

I really hope they have used different papers as some children have come prepared with all the maths answers, the comprehension and story
Thank you!
priyakheterpal

Post by priyakheterpal »

I will send also email all these 3 (DAO, Laytmer, QE) schools with screenshots from this forum.Its's possible nothing might change, but hopefully over the years it will help other parents. My son didn't even tell us a single question and was more worried about match score, so I wonder the super kids who remember questions for passing to others after exam. Parents should let kids relax after the exam and they should also not ask them much after the exam but end of day it's personal choice
priyakheterpal

Post by priyakheterpal »

I have also emailed schools where the tests will be carried for more that 2 days along with South West Consortium.
piggys

Post by piggys »

It's hard to believe some tutors and their willing students and parents would go to so much trouble to collude in this way. :o

The trouble is as soon as there is a different paper provided (for different dates) you get accusations of one paper being easier/harder than another and parents complaining . Nobody wins.
Last edited by piggys on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Making a couple of thousand children sit a written English paper, when most won't even be marked, meant that they couldn't get everyone done on one day. It works for DAO as they have a smaller exam intake.

Latymer needs to be more like HBS (although without the problems of sending out exam emails!)

Will be interesting to see what happens with QE.

PS. Where are the tutors getting their info from? Are they sending in children with no interest in that school to just go and memorise questions?
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

New papers were used today - Well Done Latymer
nyr

Post by nyr »

Great that Latymer used new papers.

Unfortunately there are a few very unscrupulous tutors around. Sadly, a very popular one, not far from HBS. This tutor seems to have no problems building up a relationship with her tutees, taking very good money from their families and then passing on information directly from one pupil to others, presumably in order to boost her own success rate. My own DD was told by a friend about a question that would come up in the interview for the most selective and competitive North London girls indie. The friend had been happy to share as she had benefitted from receiving the info directly from her tutor, who had extracted it from an unwitting 10 year old, presumably during a friendly post-interview chat. In the end, even though DD was offered a place, she didn't go to this school and that's a good thing, otherwise we'd forever be wondering if she was there due to some seriously underhanded play.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

But same VR and Maths paper, I guess.

As to whether someone WOULD leak the information if their own child was doing it.. Well if one cousin isn't even in catchment and is doing it as a mock for QEB or a Sutton school with no intention of moving, this information could be shared with the cousin in catchment to their benefit. It might not even be the tutors.

It's a joke really.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

leanmeamum wrote:New papers were used today - Well Done Latymer
Indeed - well done Latymer. It's not them that cause this chaos - they are a cash strapped school doing their best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now