Exam ifo leaked for Latymer

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ilelo

Re: Exam ifo leaked for Latymer

Post by ilelo »

My daughter did it this morning too but I didn't hear anyone talking about yesterday's papers. Though I told her not to say anything about it afterwards until we were in the car as I've read on here about people loitering just to hear what the papers were about!

I just checked with a friend whose son sat yesterday and they did a different paper. So +1 well done Latymer.

Hopefully those people who were presumably feeling smug didn't pay their tutor for last night's lesson!
Reh

Post by Reh »

My ds sat the exam this morning, were both papers changed or just the English?
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

I'm just really pleased that different papers were used.

I can't understand how some parents can risk losing their own place by giving information to others.

I'm glad the rogue tutors' efforts have been thwarted and this will prevent them and others from trying this in future - all schools need to send a clear message like this
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

Reh wrote:My ds sat the exam this morning, were both papers changed or just the English?
No idea as my dd doesn't seem to remember the maths and VR so can't check with friend.
finaljourney

Post by finaljourney »

Well some children who sat the test on Sunday came out stating that this was exactly what their tutor did with them the same stuff in vr...the very words... they were elated.
Makes me wonder....
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

All VR types are documented and some words will come up in different papers but this does not mean the student has seen the paper before.

The paper may seem familiar to a student but only because they have been preparing with the types of questions that are coming up.

I congratulate Latymer for providing a different English paper today, this was the right thing to do.

DG
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

Without revealing any of the test content, is anyone able to confirm the format and timings of the tests this year please?

Am I correct in thinking that the GL VR paper is multiple choice where the children have to put a horizontal line in the correct box on the separate answer paper?
What format is the maths paper?
Roughly how many questions are in each?
If we buy the GL test papers will they be useful preparation for the format and layout at Latymer? Or does it change between schools?

For the english portion set by the school was it 45 or 60 minutes total test time?
How much time was allowed for the creative writing part?

We're going DIY with DS who is hoping to sit next year so we're completely in the dark!
Thanks in advance
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

exam2019 wrote:Without revealing any of the test content, is anyone able to confirm the format and timings of the tests this year please?

Am I correct in thinking that the GL VR paper is multiple choice where the children have to put a horizontal line in the correct box on the separate answer paper?
What format is the maths paper?
Roughly how many questions are in each?
If we buy the GL test papers will they be useful preparation for the format and layout at Latymer? Or does it change between schools?

For the english portion set by the school was it 45 or 60 minutes total test time?
How much time was allowed for the creative writing part?

We're going DIY with DS who is hoping to sit next year so we're completely in the dark!
Thanks in advance
I don’t know the format of the Latymer test or whether it is exactly the same every year.
If it does change every year then please do not share information on number of questions, timings, format etc, as it could benefit those taking late tests. However if it is consistently same, giving info on timings etc is OK.
priyakheterpal

Post by priyakheterpal »

I think the format (time n number of questions for VR n Maths) this year was different than previous years. I would recommend, watching this forum for few more weeks as we all will be able to guide you for next year. Let's wait for the late sitters to complete the test. At this point of the year, you can focus more on concepts which will be same whatever is the format.
Last edited by priyakheterpal on Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Please do not post the format.

Two sittings have happened and there is one more next week so it is not fair on those who have already sat if the third sitting has more details than they did. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now