QE Prep 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Re: QE Prep 2018

Post by Daogroupie »

The waiting list reached 23 but that was two weeks into the school term.

This is compared to the 80s last year.

The total score to get a place only moved two marks from 231 to 229 from 1st March to the second week in September.

The DAO ranking only moved 14 places from 110 to 124 compared to 29 places from 129 to 158 the previous year.

Will this now be a trend that waiting lists will not move so far or will there be more movement this year? DG
StressedUnicorn

Post by StressedUnicorn »

Does anyone know whether QE scores are sent to the head teachers beforehand?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Nothing is sent because you have not applied for the school.

School allocations are sent to the school early but not school exam results. DG
mumofmini

Post by mumofmini »

Bexley 11+ results are definitely sent to the head teachers prior to the parents receiving them. I do not know whether QE also send results to head teachers. I will seek out the HT this morning and try reading any facial expressions for indication :D :D
StressedUnicorn

Post by StressedUnicorn »

Thanks DG and mumofmini!

No results yet...going to be a long day! Will post results on DG’s thread.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

mumofmini wrote:Bexley 11+ results are definitely sent to the head teachers prior to the parents receiving them. I do not know whether QE also send results to head teachers. I will seek out the HT this morning and try reading any facial expressions for indication :D :D
Does Bexley have a catchment?

I very much doubt QE will send results to half the primary schools in the Home Counties!!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

QE is a school.

State schools do not send results to primary schools.

Education councils let schools know the school allocations before they are released but these are allocation not results.

State schools deal with parents not the schools. DG
ally99

Post by ally99 »

Does anyone know what sort of criteria is taken into account for QE final selection once a child achieve a minimum score ? Do they offer places based on the highest score only or do they consider one point as the nearest distance from school as well ?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

ally99 wrote:Does anyone know what sort of criteria is taken into account for QE final selection once a child achieve a minimum score ? Do they offer places based on the highest score only or do they consider one point as the nearest distance from school as well ?
Did you read the admissions criteria before your child put himself through the test? I suggest you look on the school website, as well as reading DG's very informative post here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 71&t=55607
scary mum
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Good grief, how does this keep happening, year after year and in the internet age?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now