NVR for QE boys and SW Herts consortium

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dreams

NVR for QE boys and SW Herts consortium

Post by dreams »

Hello all,

I am almost sure that I know the right answer but just to double check with more experienced parents.
If QE boys and schools in SW Herts do not test NVR, shall I just simply ignore all the books that are available? Or maybe understanding of the technic could be beneficial in some way?
Personally, I believe that spending extra 30 minutes on reading is much more beneficial for the child and I remember that my older daughter started to work with NVR in the last 6 months before the exam just to help her familirialise with the format.

Thank you.
Daogroupie

Re: NVR for QE boys and SW Herts consortium

Post by Daogroupie »

I have already detailed out for you the exam format for QE boys and SW Herts and you replied that you were clear.

So why are you asking again?

SW Herts is English CEM and GL Maths and that is it , nothing else

QE boys is GL English and Maths and that is it nothing else.

Do not spend one second of your time on NVR and VR.

Yes do lots of reading of classic novels to improve comprehension and vocab but stop thinking about NVR and VR.

NVR and VR are not part of the exam format for QE and SW Herts. DG
dreams

Post by dreams »

Daogroupie wrote:I have already detailed out for you the exam format for QE boys and SW Herts and you replied that you were clear.

So why are you asking again?

SW Herts is English CEM and GL Maths and that is it , nothing else

QE boys is GL English and Maths and that is it nothing else.

Do not spend one second of your time on NVR and VR.

Yes do lots of reading of classic novels to improve comprehension and vocab but stop thinking about NVR and VR.

NVR and VR are not part of the exam format for QE and SW Herts. DG
DG, thank you for answering my question. I asked about NVR, could it be beneficial or not.
You're right, you already replied to my question regarding style of the exam and I didn't ask this question again (at least I think so :lol: ).
Sorry if I phrased my question incorrectly.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You have a huge amount to do to cover the exam formats of SW Herts and QE.

If you are in Y5 now it will take you some time to even cover everything that the formats of two schools require.

I am aware that some tutor centres try and convince parents that they need VR and NVR for QE and HBS so they can teach all their students at the same time.

But you need need to focus on the formats of your chosen schools. DG
piggys

Post by piggys »

Daogroupie wrote:
I am aware that some tutor centres try and convince parents that they need VR and NVR for QE and HBS so they can teach all their students at the same time.

DG
Really? that is shocking. It's hard to believe people pay to be swindled like this. :o

I think you should name and shame, DG.
dreams

Post by dreams »

Daogroupie wrote:You have a huge amount to do to cover the exam formats of SW Herts and QE.

If you are in Y5 now it will take you some time to even cover everything that the formats of two schools require.

But you need need to focus on the formats of your chosen schools. DG
You’re absolutely right xx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now