Dame Alice Owens catchment

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KRISH_UK

Dame Alice Owens catchment

Post by KRISH_UK »

Dear All,

We have very recently come to UK and living very near to Dame Alice Owens School, Potters Bar. Do you think my kid will be qualified for Dame Alice Catchment seats ? Please suggest.

Regards,
Krish
Daogroupie

Re: Dame Alice Owans Catchment

Post by Daogroupie »

If you live in catchment you can apply to sit the academic exam or music exam.

There are at least 22 distance places each year. This year you needed to be within one thousand metres from the school to quality but you need to have been living in your house for at least two years.

How near are you?

Are you in Santers Lane, Baker Street or Dugdale Hill Lane or in one of the streets off the last two such as Wellsley Crescent? DG
Last edited by Daogroupie on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KRISH_UK

Post by KRISH_UK »

About .2 miles away from School, just couple of months back I moved in.
Regards,
KRISH.
KRISH_UK

Post by KRISH_UK »

Thanks for the reply.
Just looked at admissions criteria. Can you please point where in the admissions criteria it says we need to live there two years or three years. We have recently moved to UK and this is my Permanent address.

We have happened to move here because it’s close to my workplace and one of my colleagues lives here in potters bar. My Collegue dont know much about this as he doesn’t have kids yet.

Any specific pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
KRISH
ale21279

Re: Dame Alice Owens catchment

Post by ale21279 »

Hi Krish,

It's all on their website here http://damealiceowens.herts.sch.uk/admissions/

and here http://damealiceowens.herts.sch.uk/down ... al-places/

The other option is by exam - academic or music

Hope that helps
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

This is what the admissions criteria says. The relevant bit is in bold - if you have moved in the last three years AND you have retained the previous home AND it is less than 50 miles from the school your new address will be regarded as a temporary address. If you are new to the country I would not think this will apply. If you think it might apply you should look at the more detailed guidance.
Oversubscription criteria 2 and 7 (Locality places) Address evidence is frequently requested, monitored and checked and school places will be withdrawn when false information is deliberately provided.

The Governors will refuse to allocate a place where they consider that the permanent home address as stated on the application form is a temporary address even if the child is living in this property. If the child has changed addresses within 36 months before the date of application, but a property that was a previous home address has been retained (where it is less than 50 miles from the school), an application from a property closer to the school will be treated as a temporary address regardless of whether the child is living in the property MondayFriday and/or regardless of whether the previous home address is leased to a third party. The governors will make their decision based on such evidence as they reasonably require.

If a child is offered a place at the School under oversubscription criteria 2 or 7 based on the address where the child is living at the date of application, but the child then moves further away from the School before he or she is due to start at the School, the place will normally be withdrawn. If the child moves further away from the School at any time during his or her first term at the School the place will be withdrawn where it was fraudulently obtained.

Please refer to our “Guidance for Verification of Permanent Home Addresses for Oversubscription Criteria 2 & 7 (Local Places)” for additional information on locality applications. This can be viewed on the Admissions Section of the School website at http://www.damealiceowens.herts.sch.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KRISH_UK

Post by KRISH_UK »

Thanks.

Regards,
KRISH