Latymer GCSE results 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ale21279

Re: Latymer GCSE results 2018

Post by ale21279 »

Thank you so much Guest55 & Loobylou, this is exactly what I was looking for. This forum is such a wealth of information!

Sorry to hijack your thread, Lookingforanswers :wink:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

When you get to the individual school results you need to look at the prior attainment bit This tells you how well high KS2 achievers, middle achievers, low achievers do - this is particularly helpful in comparing comps with each other.
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

That's really useful Guest55, thank you! I have never looked at the prior attainment section before.
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

This is a very helpful website Guest55, thank you
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

llhj wrote:Strange that Latymer’s are not up. Every other year it’s been up straight away. Particularly as A’levels were up within 48 hours. And if they’re improving on already outstanding grades.
Perhaps they sent in a lot of requests for review of marking this year? If that is the case, one would expect the school to want to wait until all the outcomes are known. Especially if, for instance, the school had asked do a review of a particular paper for the whole cohort.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
copella

Post by copella »

They font always put out their results until later, perhaps as tiadmum says because of reviews. I generally wait for the first news letter for the general summary of results. I agree also that it wouldn't make sense to base decisions one yrs set of results. Gave a look at the general trend.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

http://www.londonpreprep.com/2018/08/gcse-results-2018/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This website attempted to create an early 2018 league table. It shows Latymer more than holding its own as always.

Latymer is one of the few top state schools that doesn't play games, e.g. choosing a child's A level subjects, withdrawing children who are struggling, stuffing their sixth form with the very top achievers from every other school around. It is a very sensible school!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Raw results tell us absolutely nothing ...
schlumpf

Post by schlumpf »

Extract on results from letter by the Head:

We are very pleased with our exam results this year; given the new A Level syllabi, new style exams at A Level and GCSE and the new numbering system for GCSE, our exam success has been remarkable. At A Level a quarter of grades were A* with 63% of grades overall either A* or A. I know parents are interested in university destinations and this year 188 have secured university places with 160 at Russell Group Universities and 18 to Oxbridge, 5 students to Oxford and 13 to Cambridge. However, Russell Group Universities do not include some very prestigious establishments that a number of our students have gone to such as Bath, The Royal Veterinary College, St George’s and Leicester for medicine. We are extremely proud of all our A Level students and wish them well for the future.

At GCSE the percentage of grades at Level 9 was 31% and 61% of grades were Level 8 or Level 9, with 84% at Level 7/8/9. Clearly, we have no data to compare these results to, but it is worth noting that last year 51% of grades were A*, so we have seen a rise of 10%.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

schlumpf wrote:Extract on results from letter by the Head:

We are very pleased with our exam results this year; given the new A Level syllabi, new style exams at A Level and GCSE and the new numbering system for GCSE, our exam success has been remarkable. At A Level a quarter of grades were A* with 63% of grades overall either A* or A. I know parents are interested in university destinations and this year 188 have secured university places with 160 at Russell Group Universities and 18 to Oxbridge, 5 students to Oxford and 13 to Cambridge. However, Russell Group Universities do not include some very prestigious establishments that a number of our students have gone to such as Bath, The Royal Veterinary College, St George’s and Leicester for medicine. We are extremely proud of all our A Level students and wish them well for the future.

At GCSE the percentage of grades at Level 9 was 31% and 61% of grades were Level 8 or Level 9, with 84% at Level 7/8/9. Clearly, we have no data to compare these results to, but it is worth noting that last year 51% of grades were A*, so we have seen a rise of 10%.
Ooh I hate the word syllabi. I know both syllabi and syllabuses are correct but syllabi sounds so weird.
(sorry, off topic!)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now