Henrietta Barnet Round One results arriving today

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

thisisnuts

Re: Henrietta Barnet Round One results arriving today

Post by thisisnuts »

For 5 form entry, they will need a 2nd round of more than 300 anyway.

Will be interesting to see if they keep to 2 rounds or go the DAO and Latymer route of making everyone do a written English paper, but only mark a certain number of them.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It has taken them a while to get to their current format and I think it works well.

Everyone gets a chance with the CEM and then they have a much smaller number of English and Maths to mark.

They could easily increase to 400 for the second round to cater for the fifth class and it would still work well.

What they need to fix is results and registration. I still know of students who do not have their first round result. DG
tahm563

Post by tahm563 »

They really need to sort out their admin. On anther forum, I read a mum just found out her DD was in first 300 but didn't receive an email initially. She has now been invited for round 2 on Monday. She found out after multiple emails and phone calls to school. It's appalling. Another mum is saying apparently a lot of round 1 papers were not marked (could be a heresay though)
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

How awful. This is exactly the problem that was pointed out on here when HB said it would only be notifying successful applicants in the first instance - that people whose emails went astray would just assume that they were not successful. It's why you the school has to write to everyone, not just those who didn't make it through.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

Um, how do we know they are going up to 5 forms? Missed that little nugget and can’t find in my googling.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

silverysea wrote:Um, how do we know they are going up to 5 forms? Missed that little nugget and can’t find in my googling.
They applied for a slice of the £50m "Selective Schools Expansion Fund"

Applications closed in early August, and the official website says successful projects with be announced in autumn 2018:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... nd#history" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But there have been a number of comments on this forum that imply the HBS application was successful. Don't know what info those comments are based on.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I posted about this some months ago.

All parents at the school were emailed about it and there was a consultation period. DG
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

I was looking for confirmation that their bid was successful, I guess that’s a not yet! I’m sure it will be a National news story anyway.
piggys

Post by piggys »

I'm pretty sure I received an email confirming this.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

piggys wrote:I'm pretty sure I received an email confirming this.
Did the email say when the increase would take effect?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now