Thank you.
11plus2018

Re: Latymer results

Post by 11plus2018 »

Latymer results are out in email !! Good luck to all
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

I was wondering if anyone not in the 650 asked for their DC's VR & Maths score. Just seen some results posted from those in the 650 and my DD scored higher in maths and VR (205) than both results posted (202 & 204). I'm over DD not in the 650 now :( , but just want to make sure she has been considered on the same basis as everyone else. (I may be insinuating a conspiracy now exam2019 :wink: )

Hence I asked the question if results are re-standardised. The admissions policy doesn't say it is ... or have I missed something?

Applicants with a ranking position below 650 will be deemed by the School Governors as not eligible for consideration to the school under academic ability and will therefore not have their English papers marked.
Applicants with a ranking position between 1 and 650 will have their English papers marked and this mark will be added to the Verbal Reasoning and Mathematics score in order to produce a total combined age–standardised result for the three tests (rank 1 being the highest position, rank 650 being the lowest). 192 places will be offered in rank order reflecting our oversubscription criteria.
Italian

Post by Italian »

They must had restardardised as I was wondering same thing, also some of the score seemed a bit low for ranking. So I would definitely think so.
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

Thanks Italian but their admissions policy doesn't say they do that. Just that the English is added on. I was just wondering how far off she was from 650.

I asked the lowest mark to rank 650 but they didn't tell me.
exam2019

Post by exam2019 »

I can’t cut and paste on my phone but the Determined Admissions document does say the VR and Maths score are age standardised to create the top 650 rank order
Qeb2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

They restandardised maths and vr scores between top 650. My son scored very low in maths because he thought it was easy and rush ( 30 seconds per 1 question) and did not see the tricks there. We realised it and fixed in Qe boy test. I kwew 2 kids had very low maths score last year and year before because they thought Qe boy maths was easy. Luckily my son did just enough to gain admission. Now we have to decide between 2 great schools.
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

ilelo wrote:Thanks Italian but their admissions policy doesn't say they do that. Just that the English is added on. I was just wondering how far off she was from 650.

I asked the lowest mark to rank 650 but they didn't tell me.
The admission document on the website clearly says that the results are re-standardised for the top 650 group:

Only candidates ranked within the top 650 after the results of the Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning tests are known will have their English paper marked. The final ranking within this 650 cohort will be based on the re-standardised results of the
Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning test together with the English test; 192 places will be offered.
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

exam2019 I'd think they gave me her age standardised score. It says standardised score anyway just doesn't say age.

Claremum what page on the admissions policy is this on please? I've read the pdf file on their website. Page 2, from the section headed "Testing Procedure" to the link to GL website in blue. I can't find what you have copied below. Thanks
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

ilelo wrote: Claremum what page on the admissions policy is this on please? I've read the pdf file on their website. Page 2, from the section headed "Testing Procedure" to the link to GL website in blue. I can't find what you have copied below. Thanks
I read it here:
https://www.latymer.co.uk/admissions/ye ... cument.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's on top of the second page, under Results for the top 650