QE boys test results arriving today. Please post here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
finaljourney

Re: QE boys test results arriving today. Please post here

Post by finaljourney »

Some of the comments are just not warranted. As someone stated earlier, if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything.
I've got a son in the school presently in year 10. The school have given him/parents very clear guidance on how the children should progress if they want to achieve their desired grades. Just this week, my son came home with some test results, which according to me was very good. We did ask him if he felt the need for a tutor and he retorted 'No'. My son I know can put in the effort but he does not.
So please if we parents want them to be tutored don't blame the school.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

I would look to the school if children need tutoring because what is the school doing that is falling short of delivering the curriculum properly? Why is the question unwarranted?

To be clear, it's absolutely a parent's choice to supplement schooling with tutoring but my first port of call would be to challenge the school on why my son or daughter needed it. Why should the school be blameless in all cases?
Amber

Post by Amber »

I am not sure why people are taking offence at perfectly reasonable comments and questions. To my mind, if children at such a highly selective school need to be tutored to get good GCSE grades then there are questions to answer. My own children go/went to much less selective schools than this (one was at a mixed ability school and was taught in mixed ability classes) and I know of not one single child who had outside tutoring. My lot all got very high GCSE grades and those who have done A level the same - no tutoring needed. The only children I know who had tutors locally were two who had a Maths tutor at a local non-selective school after there were three changes of teacher in one academic year and the parents felt concerned at lack of progress.

Surely if a school takes in the very top of the ability range for miles around, most of the work is done already! The students ought to find GCSE work pretty easy and not need tutors.

And no this is not nasty, or malicious, it is a perfectly reasonable view from someone who is both teacher and parent.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

This is now wandering off topic, which is about QE test results. And not necessarily in a good way.

Can I therefore request that this thread is only used for actual QE results from parents of DSs who took the exam. Any further discussions, questions etc that potential QE parents might have should be started on a new thread.

Any further postings by anyone other than a parent stating results of their DS will be removed. I have already had to give one warning on this thread. Since it concerns results I certainly don’t want to be locking it.

yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Several off topic posts have been removed as they were not from parents posting score. Please read Tinkers’ moderation post above.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

This thread is only for scores posted by parents, see Tinkers’ post above
Sez

Post by Sez »

My son scored 212 which I am very proud of him for. He was only 10 at the end of July and it was certainly daunting with so many boys attending. Plus, he was slightly poorly on the day but probably not enough to warrant delaying and he was actually worse on the back-up date anyway! :lol:

We’ve subsequently decided QE wouldn’t have been the right fit for him anyway so I’m slightly cross at myself for romanticising the school and putting him through the process but you live and learn.

Well done to all the boys and their parents and congratulations to those who obtained the required score.
frazzledparents

Post by frazzledparents »

Good afternoon All,

It was told that the PAN for 2019 Entry was to be decided by the governors when they meet in November. Do we have any information from the school now? Is it 180 or 192?

Thanks in advance
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Hi frazzledparents, according to the QE website the PAN for Sep 2019 is still 180.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now