DAO results in comparison to other school results

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ale21279

DAO results in comparison to other school results

Post by ale21279 »

Hi all

I just wondered, from parents who have gone through the 11+ process and their DC sat exams for several schools including DAO, how DAO results compare to other results?

For example if a DC doesn't pass QE, HBS, Latymer etc, are they likely to also not pass DAO? Or is it a totally different skill set?

I know from DAOGroupie that DAO is 71% English but how does that compare to other schools? For DAO, CEM score has to be very high but they also have to be good at Maths, comprehension and creative writing...

I'm starting to lose hope, this process is tough, for the parents as well as the kids :(
caficom

Re: DAO results in comparison to other school results

Post by caficom »

Our boy got: DAO 35th rank, QE score 230 and Latymer 193rd - 450th rank. DAO was our preferred school from the start. Now he is there in year 7.
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Thank you for your reply caficom, that's interesting. I guess they are all similar but slightly different. It may have helped that DAO was one of the first exams, QE was after term started, DAO in small classrooms, not multiple choice, etc. Only time will tell!
CreamSoda71

Post by CreamSoda71 »

I can’t remember the exact scores as it was three years ago, but my son got ranked highly enough to secure a place at QE, Latymer and DAO (where he went), but didn’t make the grade at Mill Hill County. In fact he ranked higher for QE and Latymer, as he only came 91st for DAO (he’s still annoyed about that now!).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now