Mill Hill County High School - Scores

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ved08

Re: Mill Hill County High School - Scores

Post by ved08 »

My DS got 266, and we staying 15 miles away ( as per google map ) , is their any chance to get admission or we need to move in catchment near school, if need to move near school - before 31 Oct ?
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

piggys wrote: Last year they offered out to 266 and above. It has hovered around that mark for several years.
I don't think it's accurate. My DD's friend went there this year and her score was 260.
I remember researching it last year and found out that up to 250 something (don't remember exactly) got a place by September in the past few years.
Claremum

Post by Claremum »

Yes wrote:
As a gauge for entry in 2018 there were 1750 applicants invited to the Technology Test and 24 places were offered to those students who achieved a score of 266 and above.
This 266 score is for those who got a place on 1st March. By September more candidates get places, i think it goes down to 250 something.
ilelo

Post by ilelo »

ved08 wrote:My DS got 266, and we staying 15 miles away ( as per google map ) , is their any chance to get admission or we need to move in catchment near school, if need to move near school - before 31 Oct ?
There's no catchment for the selective places so no need to move by 31st Oct. However, as you probably know already, if someone else has same score and lives nearer, they will get the place.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

I know someone who got offered a place in June or July 4 years ago. My memory is that their score was 258.