Mill Hill County High School - Scores

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: Mill Hill County High School - Scores

Post by ToadMum »

Yes wrote:268 out of a possible 282
Not 'out of' - these are standardised scores. The score tells you more about your DC's relative position, which in the normal course of events (given a 'normal' normal distribution, so to speak), would be well up in the top 4% of candidates. I don't know exactly how the scores are calculated there, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Yes

Post by Yes »

ToadMum wrote:
Not 'out of' - these are standardised scores. The score tells you more about your DC's relative position, which in the normal course of events (given a 'normal' normal distribution, so to speak), would be well up in the top 4% of candidates. I don't know exactly how the scores are calculated there, though.
It is not my text. This is copy-paste from school letter. .... achieved an offer score of 268 out of a possible 282.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Yes wrote:
ToadMum wrote:
It is not my text. This is copy-paste from school letter. .... achieved an offer score of 268 out of a possible 282.
:shock: is all I can say to that...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dips

Post by dips »

My DD achieved a score of 257 out of a possible 282
Do you think it is enough to get in!!!!!
piggys

Post by piggys »

dips wrote:My DD achieved a score of 257 out of a possible 282
Do you think it is enough to get in!!!!!
Read the copy and pasted quotation on the previous page. Last year they offered out to 266 and above. It has hovered around that mark for several years. I can tell you for a fact that the school will not divulge any more information on that so all you can do is apply and hope for the best.
Happy16

Post by Happy16 »

MY son achieved 262.
I am really keen to know if this score will achieve a score based on previous years stats at least in the waiting list?
Thanks
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

Look above.
Catherinekane

Post by Catherinekane »

My daughter achieved 263
nyr

Post by nyr »

It may be worth asking the school's admissions officer if the quoted music and technology cut-off scores for allocation of the 24 places under each criteria are for national offer day or for the start of the autumn term, as waiting lists can move a fair bit between March and September. You can probably send an email.
kwy

Post by kwy »

Hi,

My DS scored 271 out of 282 as per result email.

Regards,

KWY
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now