QE boys - Admission Scores

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11nuts

QE boys - Admission Scores

Post by 11nuts »

Can anyone help please?

In the administration guide the entry mark seems to be lower than what has been suggested on this site. Does this mean that the data on this site is for the entire school or just the data collected on this site?

https://www.qebarnet.co.uk/admissions-i ... n-parents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thisisnuts

Re: QE boys test results arriving today. Please post here

Post by thisisnuts »

The guide gives the lowest score that the school considers to be the pass mark.

But on this page:

https://www.qebarnet.co.uk/admissions-information/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can click through to a pdf showing the lowest scores to actually gain admission.
11nuts

Post by 11nuts »

thisisnuts wrote:The guide gives the lowest score that the school considers to be the pass mark.

But on this page:

https://www.qebarnet.co.uk/admissions-information/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you can click through to a pdf showing the lowest scores to actually gain admission.
That seems like the same link? The PDF states the last entry mark which is lower than what has been said on this site.

Hence my original question, how would you know the lowest entry mark if you only considered this site and the feedback from parents?
mitasol

Re: QE boys - Admission Scores

Post by mitasol »

I would always rely on the official information provided by the school.
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

11nuts wrote:That seems like the same link? The PDF states the last entry mark which is lower than what has been said on this site.

Hence my original question, how would you know the lowest entry mark if you only considered this site and the feedback from parents?
Obviously the school's info is the final word, but until they publish the information, feedback from parents is all we have.

That particular pdf gives the final entry score in September, when there are always 1 or 2 no-shows, leaving the school calling up parents on the waiting list.

If the last parent to accept a place isn't a contributor to this forum, we won't know that year's cutoff score until it is reported by the school, although I would think the score quoted on the forum is probably only 1 mark out.

They haven't published cutoff scores for allocation day, so daogroupie's annual calculation is probably still the best guide for that.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

On the first page of my thread before the results came out I listed the last score to get in on allocation day 1st March 2018 was 231 and the last score to secure a place in September was 229.

At the time QE had not released either of those scores.

I worked out the 231 when the results came out as there were students close to the school who got in with 231 and some further away who did not.

I know the student with 229 who was offered a place after term started which he accepted.

This data was announced by Mr Price during the tours last week and this week.

As this was the lowest score WITH the 192 places it is unlikely that the last score to get in this year will go into the 220s unless QE make the decision in November to add the 12 extra places.

PAN is 180 so it needs action by QE to go beyond PAN.

2017 and 2018 entry was 192 with 2 extra boys slotted into each of the 6 classes.

QE has not yet decided if they will add the 12 extra places this year.

Those with scores in the high 220s should put QE first if it is their first choice but be prepared to be in the waiting list. DG
11nuts

Post by 11nuts »

Am I reading this correctly, the PDF says the last entry to the school was 224 in September? I agree with you DG this will only occur if PAN is 192, that would indicate that the extra places were taken directly of the WL.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

224 was September 2017 intake, that was last year.

This year, September 2018, was 229.

They have to allocate their places in rank order from the waiting list. They do not have any other choice. DG
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

You can see official version for 2018 here

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1246493" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Matching with Daogroupie!!
The last boy offered a place on 1st March 2018 had achieved a
standardised score of 231.

The last boy to be admitted to the school in September 2018 had achieved a
standard score of 229 and was ranked at 26 on the waiting list.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They did not need to file an official information request. They could have just looked on the forum! DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now