QE boys - Request for suggestion

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: QE boys - Request for suggestion

Post by ToadMum »

Re the mighty Russell Group, I have recently heard the rumour that some lucky institution is about to be offered the jewel in its crown of becoming the 25th member (disclaimer: Can't remember from whom I heard this and have no idea of their reliabilty :lol: ). Unless it's Bath - whose lowly status even the likes of of QE and HBS tend to forget when boasting of their leavers' destinations - the awful truth is that it would have to be somewhere that prestige groupies currently turn their noses up at, due to it not being in the Russell Group :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anotherdad

Re: QE boys - Request for suggestion

Post by anotherdad »

They (QE) could always do what Aylesbury Grammar School does, which is to create its own group of 'superior' universities. AGS's self-appointed group is known as the Aylesburian Group and comprises the RG plus Bath and Loughborough. It means that in their newsletters they can quote nice statistics such as "two thirds of our boys have left to attend Aylesburian Group universities".

I do believe Bath came well above most of the 'superior' RG universities in most league tables this year. It really is all a nonsense. A bit of marketing polish that has been incredibly successful in convincing parents that they really are better than all the others.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now