Second Round Latymer results now out October 2018

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
StowMum

Re: Second Round Latymer results now out October 2018

Post by StowMum »

Samipea wrote:Ah drat. Seems the Latymer bus is also full for my little minipea to hop on as we wave it on with his spot on rank 501. We will continue to skip along in the sunshine and see if the DAO bus pulls over for him next week otherwise we will gladly board bus number 4 on which he has a reserved seat next to his big brother. All the buses are going the same direction to the same destination remember folks :). I do hope some of the boys who didn’t get QE were successful today x
Hey Samipea, my fingers and toes are all crossed for minipea getting a front row seat on the DAO bus. Whichever bus he takes he has the support of an amazing Mum to guide him on his journey.

StowMum
Drmamma77

Post by Drmamma77 »

Hello all

Just a bit confused.
Do the results get restandardised?My son had Maths 105 and VR104 but didnt make the top650.
Any insight?Thank you
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Samipea wrote:Ah drat. Seems the Latymer bus is also full for my little minipea to hop on as we wave it on with his spot on rank 501. We will continue to skip along in the sunshine and see if the DAO bus pulls over for him next week otherwise we will gladly board bus number 4 on which he has a reserved seat next to his big brother. All the buses are going the same direction to the same destination remember folks :). I do hope some of the boys who didn’t get QE were successful today x
Not involved with Latymer, but just wanted to say how lovely your attitude is Samipea, we should all keep in mind what you say here "All the buses are going the same direction to the same destination remember folks."
Thank you for bringing some sanity & clarity to this crazy world of 11+ exams & results. Fingers crossed for you next week :D
mrkachhia

Post by mrkachhia »

My DS is inside 192 but we are not applying. So you can consider your rank -1 now. Congratulations for all who are inside 192 and best of luck for those who are in waiting list.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

Yes - all marks were re-standardised for the 650 group.
Samipea

Post by Samipea »

ale21279 wrote:
Not involved with Latymer, but just wanted to say how lovely your attitude is Samipea, we should all keep in mind what you say here "All the buses are going the same direction to the same destination remember folks."
Thank you for bringing some sanity & clarity to this crazy world of 11+ exams & results. Fingers crossed for you next week :D
Ah bless you and Stowmum xx I think this forum is so helpful for the business end of the stick, led by knowledgeable and helpful key contributors but I do fear for people who are plotting their beloved child on a chart like an investment when really a bit of support is all we need - we all are trying to do our best for our little ones (they are still little ones - wait until UCAS applications :D ) The selective schools are great schools of course but they are a lottery of so many equally smart kids, most of whom will not get a place - minipea didn’t just rock up on spec to give it an ill-prepared lash - he had been tutored by an experienced 11+ tutor throughout yr5 and did 5/6 practices papers a week and scored over 90% paper after paper. He was the only one in his class to sit these exams and has been top of his class since Reception. And yet no place - we were always prepared for that. But that’s yesterday’s news, yes he was upset but today he moves forward with a smile on his face and a skip in his step to take on the next challenge. And he’s advanced so much in maths thanks to the tutoring that nothing was a waste - and he knows fourteen different ways to say ‘I walked down the road’ :lol: It is my job as his Mum to help him feel that way. It would be insane of me to think it was a reflection of his ability - and that goes for so many unlucky kids who will be unsuccessful this year for this handful of schools - they are no less intelligent than they were yesterday and they will thrive wherever they go... it’s just school! Meet you at the DAO bus depot next week to see who gets a seat :wink: xx
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Samipea wrote:
ale21279 wrote:
Ah bless you and Stowmum xx I think this forum is so helpful for the business end of the stick, led by knowledgeable and helpful key contributors but I do fear for people who are plotting their beloved child on a chart like an investment when really a bit of support is all we need - we all are trying to do our best for our little ones (they are still little ones - wait until UCAS applications :D ) The selective schools are great schools of course but they are a lottery of so many equally smart kids, most of whom will not get a place - minipea didn’t just rock up on spec to give it an ill-prepared lash - he had been tutored by an experienced 11+ tutor throughout yr5 and did 5/6 practices papers a week and scored over 90% paper after paper. He was the only one in his class to sit these exams and has been top of his class since Reception. And yet no place - we were always prepared for that. But that’s yesterday’s news, yes he was upset but today he moves forward with a smile on his face and a skip in his step to take on the next challenge. And he’s advanced so much in maths thanks to the tutoring that nothing was a waste - and he knows fourteen different ways to say ‘I walked down the road’ :lol: It is my job as his Mum to help him feel that way. It would be insane of me to think it was a reflection of his ability - and that goes for so many unlucky kids who will be unsuccessful this year for this handful of schools - they are no less intelligent than they were yesterday and they will thrive wherever they go... it’s just school! Meet you at the DAO bus depot next week to see who gets a seat :wink: xx

That is a wonderful, positive attitude to the 11plus. There have been some unpleasant shocks during the 11plus journey for lots of people over the years.
Lots of very intelligent children slip through the net. I know several who did not make 'the cut' and have achieved great results elsewhere. They prove themselves in the long run
Sez

Post by Sez »

Thank you for bringing some sanity & clarity to this crazy world of 11+ exams & results. Fingers crossed for you next week :D[/quote]

Ah bless you and Stowmum xx I think this forum is so helpful for the business end of the stick, led by knowledgeable and helpful key contributors but I do fear for people who are plotting their beloved child on a chart like an investment when really a bit of support is all we need - we all are trying to do our best for our little ones (they are still little ones - wait until UCAS applications :D ) The selective schools are great schools of course but they are a lottery of so many equally smart kids, most of whom will not get a place - minipea didn’t just rock up on spec to give it an ill-prepared lash - he had been tutored by an experienced 11+ tutor throughout yr5 and did 5/6 practices papers a week and scored over 90% paper after paper. He was the only one in his class to sit these exams and has been top of his class since Reception. And yet no place - we were always prepared for that. But that’s yesterday’s news, yes he was upset but today he moves forward with a smile on his face and a skip in his step to take on the next challenge. And he’s advanced so much in maths thanks to the tutoring that nothing was a waste - and he knows fourteen different ways to say ‘I walked down the road’ :lol: It is my job as his Mum to help him feel that way. It would be insane of me to think it was a reflection of his ability - and that goes for so many unlucky kids who will be unsuccessful this year for this handful of schools - they are no less intelligent than they were yesterday and they will thrive wherever they go... it’s just school! Meet you at the DAO bus depot next week to see who gets a seat :wink: xx[/quote]

That is a wonderful, positive attitude to the 11plus. There have been some unpleasant shocks during the 11plus journey for lots of people over the years.
Lots of very intelligent children slip through the net. I know several who did not make 'the cut' and have achieved great results elsewhere. They prove themselves in the long run[/quote]

^^^^^ All of this. With bells on.

The best attitude to have.
Shell2

Post by Shell2 »

StowMum wrote:
Sez wrote:My son got ranked 322. We’re OOC but not by much and would be prepared to move. However, he got a score that should be good enough to secure a place at Ilford County which is our 1st choice so I don’t think we will proceed with a move. Other people may well be in the same situation if that helps your decision StowMum :D
Thank you Sez! I have emailed the school asking how many OOC are in the top 300. Hopefully they will be kind and give the number :)
Hi StowMum. Did you get a response to your email?
Year72019

Post by Year72019 »

Does anyone know how many applied to Latymer in 2018? I have heard 340 for 2019?