Tutors & Qe

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kenyancowgirl

Re: Tutors & Qe

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I am so sorry to hear this Sizzler...please do consider whether this is the appropriate school for him? Good mental health is far more important than reams of grades and he sounds thoroughly miserable. Are you able to discuss how you feel with someone at the school?
AML

Post by AML »

That's really sad to hear, really wishing things improve for him. Thank you for your honesty.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Very sad to hear this news Sizzler.

I hope things improve for your ds.

Is this is a Y8 development or was this also an issue in Y7?

I am sure none of the teachers would want him to be feeling like this and hopefully you can arrange a meeting with his form teacher to resolve this. DG
11nuts

Post by 11nuts »

Sizzler wrote:I have a son in Y8 at QE and is currently being tutored. Quite honestly I’m not totally happy with the school. They emphatically express how they produce confident, articulate boys, all while they are crushing their confidence with their archaic and regimented rules.
My son is a nervous wreck. Always afraid of receiving a sanction for the most innocent of reasons. The staff have a no tolerance policy and will never give a child the benefit of the doubt, hence my son has said its easier to succumb to the teaching staff rather than be heard or stand up for yourself. As for the tuition. He said a very large percentage of his peers are being tutored in one or more subjects. What does this say about the school?
I have always been critical of the school, however a lot of people (especially on here) believe that their son is some sort of genius who doesn't need tution to pass the test or to keep up with the work, I take them all with a pinch of salt.

My son who is studying A levels at the moment is having a hard time. We have one tutor and more will be required. At no stage as that school showed compassion or concern for his well being and I am constantly wondering if he is suffering more than he should be.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now