QE Parents Feedback

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
evmc

Re: QE Parents Feedback

Post by evmc »

DS is in year 7 at QE and so far he loves it. It is strict which I don't think is a bad thing and I think he's learning to deal with the environment well. Lots of merits given out too. Boys seem to get on very well which is great. Don't think its very stressful or competitive at the moment. They're doing tests this week and after half term but there doesn't seem to be pressure on them at all and my DS has/will revise but is laid back about them. He wants to do well so is doing the homework etc without a fuss. He is also realistic that he probably won't make top sets in most things. He loves the sports, school shop, food.... My only reason for not wanting him to go there is the A level "cull" and as I've posted before, we both know he is quite likely to have to find a different sixth form.
evmc

Post by evmc »

Forgot to add - would be problematic if living a long commute away and arriving home late then having homework to do. Most of it isn't for the next day but occasionally it is. There is a fair bit but my DS doesn't have a massive commute and starts it when he's home. Some boys seem to start it late and be up till all hours from what he says!!!
blaised

Post by blaised »

What sort of figure do they ask for in voluntary contributions?
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

They suggest £100/mth but we pay £20, as we do for the other 3 schools our children go to, and there's been no questioning of that.
blaised

Post by blaised »

Stokers wrote:They suggest £100/mth but we pay £20, as we do for the other 3 schools our children go to, and there's been no questioning of that.
Thanks, that is very useful information.
vnaras

Post by vnaras »

Hi, My DS got 262 in QE, received Wilson's confirmation last week, and is also qualified for Tiffin Stage-2. The child is quite academic and enjoys every academic task given to him at home as well as at tuition. He is quite competitive and consistent with high scores all the times. We live close to Tiffin School (20min bus ride). Can anyone compare the schools QE, Wilson's and Tiffin and suggest which school is suitable to the child? Any response will be much appreciated.
sonu17

Post by sonu17 »

vnaras wrote:Hi, My DS got 262 in QE, received Wilson's confirmation last week, and is also qualified for Tiffin Stage-2. The child is quite academic and enjoys every academic task given to him at home as well as at tuition. He is quite competitive and consistent with high scores all the times. We live close to Tiffin School (20min bus ride). Can anyone compare the schools QE, Wilson's and Tiffin and suggest which school is suitable to the child? Any response will be much appreciated.
If your DS is strong academically, he will do very well at any of the schools you mention. There is no grammar/selective school that will hinder him from achieving his goals OR not provide the best opportunities to succeed. If you live close to Tiffin then that's the best choice for you IMHO. These are all very good grammars and he will be surrounded by very bright boys of similar calibre so the choice really comes down to your personal situation. You should make a decision based on whichever school impressed you most on the open day, i.e. the one which has the right mix of academic and extra-curricular focus for your DS.