DAO results arriving by letter 19th October 2018 post here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: DAO results arriving by letter 19th October 2018 post he

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you.

The Maths certainly got you the great rank but the CEM made sure your papers were actually marked.

What did he think of the Maths compared to QE? DG
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

DG, can you explain the scoring this year please? I know it's standardised... do you know the maximum possible score for each of the three papers?
pu06

Post by pu06 »

Daogroupie wrote:Thank you.

The Maths certainly got you the great rank but the CEM made sure your papers were actually marked.

What did he think of the Maths compared to QE? DG
DS was saying DAO maths was more reasoning and time pressured compared to QE.
schalla

Post by schalla »

Ranked 42, but mostly will go to QE.
(VR: 129, English:94,Maths:128)
Samipea

Post by Samipea »

MINIPEA HAS ONLY GONE AND BLIMIN DONE IT!!! The one he found the hardest, the one he had the least chance of getting in, the one he feared the most and now, after his little face crumbling at the QE and Latymer result (albeit momentarily, he finds that cake & a cuddle is quite a fixer in the face of life's disappointments), he is lit up like a rocket as he learns he has a seat on the DAO bus (rank 95 with a score of 336 (124 VR, 94 Eng, 118 Maths) - hope it isn't a blip year and it doesn't go that far :shock: ). Ale & Trakka I'm really sorry to hear it's not been good news for you, very best wishes to you and your little ones, all will be well - the triumph truly is in the endeavour xx
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Fantastic news Samipea! I remember your wise words when the QE result didn't go your way and am delighted you don't have to be quite so philosophical this time :D
Trakka

Post by Trakka »

Oh Samipea that has made me smile! Well done to Minipea!!
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

Samipea wrote:MINIPEA HAS ONLY GONE AND BLIMIN DONE IT!!! The one he found the hardest, the one he had the least chance of getting in, the one he feared the most and now, after his little face crumbling at the QE and Latymer result (albeit momentarily, he finds that cake & a cuddle is quite a fixer in the face of life's disappointments), he is lit up like a rocket as he learns he has a seat on the DAO bus (rank 95 with a score of 336 (124 VR, 94 Eng, 118 Maths) - hope it isn't a blip year and it doesn't go that far :shock: ). Ale & Trakka I'm really sorry to hear it's not been good news for you, very best wishes to you and your little ones, all will be well - the triumph truly is in the endeavour xx
Yay for minipea and hugs for you Samipea. What wonderful news!!!

I am so so so happy for you all.
Thank you,

Worrybot
AIdrees

Post by AIdrees »

Congratulations to everyone who got in!
Really happy as my dd ranked 41. Now need to decide between Latymer and DAO. Still waiting to hear back from Round 2 HBS but that’s definitely not our first choice. It’s a hard decision as my ds is in year 5. Any advice would be appreciated!
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Samipea wrote:MINIPEA HAS ONLY GONE AND BLIMIN DONE IT!!! The one he found the hardest, the one he had the least chance of getting in, the one he feared the most and now, after his little face crumbling at the QE and Latymer result (albeit momentarily, he finds that cake & a cuddle is quite a fixer in the face of life's disappointments), he is lit up like a rocket as he learns he has a seat on the DAO bus (rank 95 with a score of 336 (124 VR, 94 Eng, 118 Maths) - hope it isn't a blip year and it doesn't go that far :shock: ). Ale & Trakka I'm really sorry to hear it's not been good news for you, very best wishes to you and your little ones, all will be well - the triumph truly is in the endeavour xx
I am not a contributor to these forums, but saw your Latymer post. It made me feel heartily sick of this whole process. However, this post has made my day. You seem like a fantastic mum, congratulations to your and your DS.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now