DAO results arriving by letter 19th October 2018 post here

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Guest55

Re: DAO results arriving by letter 19th October 2018 post he

Post by Guest55 »

Samipea wrote:MINIPEA HAS ONLY GONE AND BLIMIN DONE IT!!! The one he found the hardest, the one he had the least chance of getting in, the one he feared the most and now, after his little face crumbling at the QE and Latymer result (albeit momentarily, he finds that cake & a cuddle is quite a fixer in the face of life's disappointments), he is lit up like a rocket as he learns he has a seat on the DAO bus (rank 95 with a score of 336 (124 VR, 94 Eng, 118 Maths) - hope it isn't a blip year and it doesn't go that far :shock: ).
Wow - so please to read this :)

You were so supportive of others when news was not what you hoped - you and minipea deserve a great weekend.
Stokers

Post by Stokers »

AIdrees wrote:Congratulations to everyone who got in!
Really happy as my dd ranked 41. Now need to decide between Latymer and DAO. Still waiting to hear back from Round 2 HBS but that’s definitely not our first choice. It’s a hard decision as my ds is in year 5. Any advice would be appreciated!
My first question would be which one is closer/easier to get to, Aldrees, and then work back from there.
Well done, all - we've had both sets of news from DAO so appreciate hope families will be feeling this evening.
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

I'm so pleased for you Samipea.
You have been so sensible throughout this results process. I'm delighted that MiniPea did so well.
Congratulations to those whose children made it and commiserations to those who haven't had the news they wanted today. Several of my dd's classmates were in your position 5 years ago. 5 years on, they are happy and prospering at their schools.
Amber

Post by Amber »

As the one who I think coined his name, may I say how delighted I am on this Friday evening for Minipea. It’s karma as his Mum was so generous spirited toward others. Well done to all in your pod. X
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

+1. Lovely to hear the news! Well done pea family!
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Congratulations Samipea, that's great news :)
ale21279

Post by ale21279 »

Those of you who have a place, may I ask if you did tutor or DIY? I know of at least two who DIY'd and have a place in top 100. Could DAO have finally found the "untutorable" exam format?
thecatspjs

Post by thecatspjs »

Hi, has anyone got any information on the Islington places?

We’re 186, so outside of the top 100 or so, but live in Islington... , & there are meant to be 20 places reserved for Islington residents (including music places, siblings etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

thecatspjs wrote:Hi, has anyone got any information on the Islington places?

We’re 186, so outside of the top 100 or so, but live in Islington... , & there are meant to be 20 places reserved for Islington residents (including music places, siblings etc)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
My understanding is that the 20 Islington places are easily filled usually by children who are in the top 120 (or however many get academic places that year) plus siblings. It's a minimum of 20 and I think there are usually more than that number each year. If one year there were only 19 people then they would need to go further down the list to find the 20th Islington person but I'm not aware they've needed to do that normally.
Hammersmith

Post by Hammersmith »

Can I ask what sort of marks those in the hundred and tens had to achieve this year please?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now