A levels taken at DAO

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
loobylou

Re: A levels taken at DAO

Post by loobylou »

I think you need to be aware that DAO is lucky with its funding compared with other schools. I know it's feeling the squeeze compared to previous years but still it has the brewers' funding. There are small sets in many GCSE subjects too with fewer than 20 in a number of classes, although not in all subjects. (Top set maths for example at GCSE this year has 32 in the set, bottom set has around 6 - though I think this might be quite usual for lots of schools?)
I don't know enough about how other schools run but I know that my dh's comprehensive does not stop A levels based on only 3 or 4 people choosing it that year. They might consider stopping it in the future though if it's a trend that fewer people want it. I have no idea how DAO makes its decisions on A levels (for example no one did food tech last year but I've no idea if it wasn't offered or no one chose it)
Daogroupie

Re: A levels taken at DAO

Post by Daogroupie »

My dds did not choose their A levels by the strength of the teachers. They chose subjects that they were really interested in.

I feel really sad when I encounter students that are doing subjects perceived to be impressive rather than subjects that they really like. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now