DAO Entrance Exam Place

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nyr

Re: DAO Entrance Exam Place

Post by nyr »

ale21279 wrote:DG, it's all speculation but does a rank in the 140's have a chance to get a place this year?

The year it went to 156, was that an unusual year?
Yes, that was the first year that QE went over PAN by 12 places and made these places available well after national allocation day, though I don't have the date. As a result, and as expected, the waiting list for QE moved to unexpected levels. The unusual movement in the DAO waiting list that year is most probably linked.
Daogroupie

Re: DAO Entrance Exam Place

Post by Daogroupie »

Last year it went to 121.

The year before it went to 156.

I have already said in this thread what I expect to happen.

In my opinion it will barely make the 20s as last year.

I think the prep school students who were using DAO as a mock and then turning it down for Habs and City and St Albans are no longer getting ranks in the top 100.

I know some of the results from some of the preps that recommend using DAO as a mock and don't know of any that got in the top 100.

They are still not applying for DAO but it makes no impact on the rankings as their ranks were too low.

So those getting those high ranks are applying for the school so the spaces are not being released so the ranks are not moving.

The 156 year was the first year of a new head after 11 years and also as NYR says, 12 more places were released at QE.

The ranks reached 129 on allocation day so the waiting list started at 130 and many of the ranks between 130 and 156 may have already gone as there would have been more private school students in those ranks.

The waiting list usually goes down around 12 ranks. This year it was 111 to 121.

I would estimate the last rank to get in on allocation day this year to be around 105-115 and then for the waiting list to perhaps reach the early 120s.

But if the ranks finish at around 105 then it may not even reach 115.

It was certainly worth a family with a rank in the 140s putting it first on their CAF if they had space. But it don't expect it to reach the 130s let alone the 140s.

But as always we are in the hands of others. We still don't know if QE will add the 12 spaces and we have no idea how many families will turn down DAO for QE, HBS, Latymer or ST Ms now.

Or how many will turn it down for City, Habs, NLCS, St Albans, Highgate etc.

But what I do know is that not so many who would turn it down for a private school are actually getting a higher enough rank for a space in the first place. DG