QE boys allocations 1st March 2019

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thisisnuts

Re: QE boys allocations 1st March 2019

Post by thisisnuts »

It’s so very easy to give HBS a good kicking right now but to be fair, they only used the “round is live” excuse before March 1st.

Obviously, they went home on Friday thinking everything was hunky dory, then came back on Monday knowing they were up the creek - again!

QE only replied to the FOIs this week - because they could :wink:
nachu

Post by nachu »

Hi,

Any one knows what is the latest Wailing List position?

Kind Regards,

Nach
slimmum

Post by slimmum »

My DS is no 4 on the WL but no news yet. Any news from anyone regarding WL?
Zoe007

Post by Zoe007 »

slimmum wrote:My DS is no 4 on the WL but no news yet. Any news from anyone regarding WL?
The waiting list letter states: “...please note we do not delay until multiple places are available, but offer each new place immediately we receive notice that a place has been turned down.
Additional offers of places from our waiting list are usually made from the middle of March until June or July (and sometimes even August) in diminishing numbers.”

Assuming they are not notified of the available places yet.
Would be very helpful if you can please update here once the list starts to move?
vnaras

Post by vnaras »

Hello,
We had our first preference (Tiffin Boys) allocated on 1-March. We kept Tiffin since we live close by. But my child's heart is still on QE where he got the score 262. QE is actually our 3rd choice in CAF. Is it possible to request the school to keep my child in WL? I'm exploring the options to move closer to QE if he gets in. I know we're very late in reacting, but I'm wondering if there is any chance. Any suggestion is much appreciated. Many thanks.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

vnaras wrote:Hello,
We had our first preference (Tiffin Boys) allocated on 1-March. We kept Tiffin since we live close by. But my child's heart is still on QE where he got the score 262. QE is actually our 3rd choice in CAF. Is it possible to request the school to keep my child in WL? I'm exploring the options to move closer to QE if he gets in. I know we're very late in reacting, but I'm wondering if there is any chance. Any suggestion is much appreciated. Many thanks.
Have a look on the website of your home local authority, which should have information about joining the waiting list of schools which you ranked lower than the one you were allocated.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

@vnaras

You have to act quickly as many places may not be vacant now in QE. I suspect, QE is it’s own admission authority, so you have to contact it to go on its waitlist. Once QE has place available for your son, it will inform you and it’s LA. Barnet LA will inform your LA and offer will then be made by your LA.

As your son has a very high score, once on WL, he probably will be number one and thereby, first one to get any then available place. Good luck to your DS and to some one else who will get the place in Tiffin, vacated by your DS.

I suggest you email the admission team of QE ASAP, may be tonight so they have it before going on Easter break.

Note:
This post may kindly be deleted/hidden, if mods do not wish to allow non-QE parents to post on QE thread.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I have already posted on the other thread but just wanted to stress that all the places are currently allocated and so now you will need to wait for someone else to give up their place which may not happen.

It would be far more sensible to stick with Tiffin and start investing in a seven year relationship with the school. DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I have already posted on the other thread but just wanted to stress that all the places are currently allocated and so now you will need to wait for someone else to give up their place which may not happen.
Historically, places from WL have been offered from April and after; few even by September.

However, sooner OP decides about going on WL, better the chances.
finaljourney

Post by finaljourney »

What happens to those children who have already been given a wait list number and they can see on the school website that 13 places have been released?
How does that work then?
Some parents would think that now their child only needs 'x' more spaces to be offered a spot.
Questions? Questions? Questions?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now