Henrietta Barnet allocations 1st March 2019

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CestMoi

Re: Henrietta Barnet allocations 1st March 2019

Post by CestMoi »

@Anjalirao73 - are you in Barnet? If not, I would also cc your own borough who should be pushing Barnet too.

I hope there is an independent inquiry that covers round 1, round 2 and this offer debacle. There have been too many slip-ups to ignore, and only the truly dedicated parents will get them resolved as they push the issues under the carpet.
Sloane

Post by Sloane »

My daughter is in band A but was not given an offer from the council, despite a letter from HBS saying “congratulations on your offer”. I have now had phone calls from both HBS and Barnet council confirming her offer. The council officer said emailed paperwork is to follow ‘soon’, maybe today. This is good for us, but I sympathise greatly with those who’ve had offers withdrawn. Best wishes to you all.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Sloane wrote:My daughter is in band A but was not given an offer from the council, despite a letter from HBS saying “congratulations on your offer”. I have now had phone calls from both HBS and Barnet council confirming her offer. The council officer said emailed paperwork is to follow ‘soon’, maybe today. This is good for us, but I sympathise greatly with those who’ve had offers withdrawn. Best wishes to you all.
Thanks, Sloane. I see from your previous posts that you were invited to Monday’s event.
Fingers crossed that the offer will materialise soon.
Last edited by Stroller on Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
mahesh12

Post by mahesh12 »

I have received the email from the school stating waiting position 8.

Band A
We got second preference school not HBS on admission day.
Received email from School to visit on Monday
Send email twice to HBS about waiting as well mess around Band B student getting confirmed offer from the council
Received email by disclosing the waiting position
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Ofsted’s complaints procedure is outlined here. Henrietta Barnett hasn’t had a full inspection for a number of years.

Unless you agree with their 2007 verdict (proudly displayed on the school website):
Henrietta Barnett is a brilliant school, we do not have a single bad word to say about it.
Were your children even born then?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Solara

Post by Solara »

E-mail recieved from HBS DD position 9
We invite to school visit tomrrow morning
Goodluck everyone
anonymparent

Post by anonymparent »

Stroller wrote:Ofsted’s complaints procedure is outlined here. Henrietta Barnett hasn’t had a full inspection for a number of years.

Unless you agree with their 2007 verdict (proudly displayed on the school website):
Henrietta Barnett is a brilliant school, we do not have a single bad word to say about it.
Were your children even born then?
2019 cohort was born between 1st Sep 2007 to 31st Aug 2008 :lol:
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Good news that there is a visit tomorrow morning.

I would encourage every family invited to go even if you have already accepted a private school.

Give HBS the chance to show you why (except for admin) they are a great school. DG
Anonym

Post by Anonym »

Solara wrote:E-mail recieved from HBS DD position 9
We invite to school visit tomrrow morning
Goodluck everyone
Your position is good - best of luck - let us know when you get a call that you are accepted :)
Does anybody know how many were invited to visit school today? In the HBS docs is only mentioned 4th March.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I'm genuinely surprised that this debacle hasn't hit the press yet - they are very interested in shortages of school places and this kind of maladministration cannot help.

The school may be good but their admin falls short time and time again, seemingly. But do they rely on parents having short memories, perhaps? Once a child has been offered a place, do parents feel so relieved that they keep quiet? This means they get away with their errors or poor communication year on year....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now