Henrietta Barnet allocations 1st March 2019

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SummersLazy

Re: Henrietta Barnet allocations 1st March 2019

Post by SummersLazy »

Oh thanks. I didn’t realise the catchment criteria is from next year.
mizanbg

Post by mizanbg »

HBS website says as follows, but I received the invitation to visit the school on 4th March, but no offer from the council although my DD is in band A. it's really confusing.

Admissions to Year 7 for Entry 2019

National Offers Day for 2019 is on Friday 1st March 2019. Places will be allocated by the Local Authority on this day on the basis of the school’s final ranking of the top 300 candidates and on parental preference as indicated on the Common Application Form (CAF).

Those who are offered a place at the school will be contacted on National Offer Day and invited in for a visit on Monday 4th March. Those who are on our Waiting List will be contacted about their Waiting List place.

Please see the Appeals section of this website for information about how to appeal.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mizanbg wrote:HBS website says as follows, but I received the invitation to visit the school on 4th March, but no offer from the council although my DD is in band A. it's really confusing.

Admissions to Year 7 for Entry 2019

National Offers Day for 2019 is on Friday 1st March 2019. Places will be allocated by the Local Authority on this day on the basis of the school’s final ranking of the top 300 candidates and on parental preference as indicated on the Common Application Form (CAF).

Those who are offered a place at the school will be contacted on National Offer Day and invited in for a visit on Monday 4th March. Those who are on our Waiting List will be contacted about their Waiting List place.

Please see the Appeals section of this website for information about how to appeal.
The inference, from what was said earlier in this thread, would be that your DD was in the top ?20 on the waiting list. However, from subsequent information, it would seem that this might not be the case, as some who were not originally offered a place, should have been and the situation is now being rectified.

What did your invitation actually say - and did you go?

You could try asking the admissions team at Barnet whether yiur DD is on the revised list of girls who should have been offered a place (assuming that tjey had not placed another school above HBS on thrir CAF, which could also offer a place).

Or ask your home LA whether Barnet has contacted them.

Did you put HBS on your CAF in a higher position than the school you were allocated?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Barnetmamma

Post by Barnetmamma »

For what it's worth, there were approximately 20 or so girls and their families present at yesterday's offer holders.

The Head implied that of those present yesterday, there were also those on the waiting list. I would assume that this might mean that those who thought they were on the waiting list, might not be so on the revised list.

I agree, email/call the school to query your waiting list position if this still stands.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thanks.

Very helpful.

Did they refer to what had happened at all? DG
Barnetmamma

Post by Barnetmamma »

No, just apologies offered and that they were trying to make amends....
Chan2018

Post by Chan2018 »

Hi If any HBS W/L DD got admission? My DD is top of the waiting list. I didn't get any email about her W/L number.
Naushad

Post by Naushad »

Did you email to school to know the WL position?
bartsimpson

Post by bartsimpson »

Has anyone here found out more details about

[quote] Ombudsman complaint 99/C/1876
Five places were offered. LA withdrew them after three days.
Ombudsman decided in this case the delay was too long, and amounted to maladminstration. Places confirmed. [quote]

Which school/Ombudsman was it and were the results made public?

Thanks
Jig
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Did the school tell you that you were number one on the waiting list? DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now