Latymer Allocations 1st March 2019

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Qeb2019

Re: Latymer Allocations 1st March 2019

Post by Qeb2019 »

Kipperfish wrote:
kds wrote:Kipperfish and Flufffinder

Have you managed to reach a decision? We are also trying to decide between Latymer and Highgate School and keep going around in circles!
We have finally decided on Latymer, as I think Fluffinder has (after going round in circles too). Given both schools are great, but Latymer is more relaxed, diverse and is free, I feel happy with our decision.

My Year 11 is extremely happy and thriving at Latymer without too much pressure, and has lovely, unspoilt and interesting friends.

We’re going to try to get a group of Latymer starters together in the Summer so if you end up picking it keep in touch.

Very best wishes, K
Hello Kipperfish, Latymer is always my son’ dream, however he loves playing rugby and we chose QEB. He is so happy to hear your son choose Latymer.

Best wishes.
examsaretough

Post by examsaretough »

Hello all - just wondering if anyone has heard anything further. Anyone know the last "original" rank to get a place on Offer Day ?

Thanks
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

examsaretough wrote:Hello all - just wondering if anyone has heard anything further. Anyone know the last "original" rank to get a place on Offer Day ?

Thanks
473 unless anyone else is ranked after that
drinkmoretea

Post by drinkmoretea »

Does anyone know where Latymer has got to now please?
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Waiting list numbers have been allocated
Positivenergy

Post by Positivenergy »

So the waiting list threads have gone really quiet , has there been any movement on the Latymer, HBS ,DAO and St.Michaels lists? Can the top 5 on all these lists let us know if they have seen movement?
Lookingforanswers

Post by Lookingforanswers »

I have heard from a family on the wait list that Latymer had offered into the low 20s. That was a week or so ago so it may have moved again. The family has a child in the 30s & is waiting to see if it reaches them. They were not hopeful at all when the results came out and are surprised that he is even on the waiting list given his ranking. I really don't understand what has happened with the Latymer rankings this year & why they seem to have gone so low. I guess it must be higher numbers of OOC applicants than last year in the top 650? And what will happen this year as they seem to have capped the numbers of children getting their English papers marked at 500?
Lizkmec

Post by Lizkmec »

Latymer allocations seem to be a minefield! I know of someone who is outside the top 500 this year so won't have their English marked. Is there any hope, does anyone think, for them? What if the school doesn't get 192 applicants out of the 500 who have their English marked? Will there be many/any people who put Latymer down as a choice who weren't ranked in the top 500 (the equivalent of which we see every year in QEB)? In which case is it worth someone who ranked in the 700s putting Latymer as first choice or is that just wasting a place on the CAF?What do more experienced watchers of this process think?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Lizkmec wrote:Latymer allocations seem to be a minefield! I know of someone who is outside the top 500 this year so won't have their English marked. Is there any hope, does anyone think, for them? What if the school doesn't get 192 applicants out of the 500 who have their English marked? Will there be many/any people who put Latymer down as a choice who weren't ranked in the top 500 (the equivalent of which we see every year in QEB)? In which case is it worth someone who ranked in the 700s putting Latymer as first choice or is that just wasting a place on the CAF?What do more experienced watchers of this process think?
Certainly you should put it down of you think you might want to appeal - until you have named the school on your CAF, you have not applied, so have not been and will not actually be refused a place and therefore your right to appeal will not have been triggered.

If there are actually more alternatives (including a 'safe bet') than you have spaces for on your CAF, or you are certain that you would not want to appeal, then forget Latymer and move on :).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
N122019

Post by N122019 »

Lizkmec wrote:Latymer allocations seem to be a minefield! I know of someone who is outside the top 500 this year so won't have their English marked. Is there any hope, does anyone think, for them? What if the school doesn't get 192 applicants out of the 500 who have their English marked? Will there be many/any people who put Latymer down as a choice who weren't ranked in the top 500 (the equivalent of which we see every year in QEB)? In which case is it worth someone who ranked in the 700s putting Latymer as first choice or is that just wasting a place on the CAF?What do more experienced watchers of this process think?
First post here after a fairly tortuous 11+ season in our house.

For those who weren't inside the top 500, have you found out where your child ranked? It didn't occur to me to do that, but I can see the logic of finding out because of the number of OOC children who might have got into the top 500 and end up not being able to apply. Did you just contact the school? My child missed out on Latymer, but got through first round DAO and passed (though scraped) QEB and I'm just wondering whether it's worth us seeing where he was ranked with Latymer just in case there is still a chance....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now