St Michael’s 1st March 2019 Allocations

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
BGGSM

St Michael’s 1st March 2019 Allocations

Post by BGGSM »

Any news from St Michael’s hopefuls? How far down the rankings did they get to on National Offer Day?!
CestMoi

Re: St Michael’s 1st March 2019 Allocations

Post by CestMoi »

It is still all to play for if you want a St Michael's place!
They have added another class after the submission of the CAF so there is a second "clearing" process whereby parents can reapply and get the additional places. Did you get the letter from the school?
Thankfully this is a one-off as next year they will take an extra 32 with priority to PP.
My personal view is that a lot of parents who would have applied to St M had they thought they were in with a chance with their ranking now won't.. Some have gotten into independents like Habs, Channing or CLGS, most are just happy with their other options (e.g. other Catholic schools, the Wren etc.). Are you considering going through the clearing system?
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

CestMoi wrote: My personal view is that a lot of parents who would have applied to St M had they thought they were in with a chance with their ranking now won't..
My point here is that if you're interested regardless of rank, I would apply for the extra places. This is a great year for those who unfortunately missed out to have another shot.
BGGSM

Post by BGGSM »

CestMoi wrote:It is still all to play for if you want a St Michael's place!
They have added another class after the submission of the CAF so there is a second "clearing" process whereby parents can reapply and get the additional places. Did you get the letter from the school?
Thankfully this is a one-off as next year they will take an extra 32 with priority to PP.
My personal view is that a lot of parents who would have applied to St M had they thought they were in with a chance with their ranking now won't.. Some have gotten into independents like Habs, Channing or CLGS, most are just happy with their other options (e.g. other Catholic schools, the Wren etc.). Are you considering going through the clearing system?
Thanks @CestMoi. St Michael’s was/is our first choice and we already knew DD would get in based on her ranking in the top 20. I know a few people who also wanted St Michael’s but were not in the top 140, so was wondering how far down the line they’d gone on 1st March.

Good luck to all waiting for the ‘Clearing’! I agree it’s all to play for now.
CestMoi

Post by CestMoi »

Sorry BGGSM. I misunderstood your reasoning behind your questions.
I hope your friends are now successful.
qtnvtll

Post by qtnvtll »

Between 110 and 120. I was not given an exact rank but it was indicated that the last place offered was about 115. Any further news in the future would be appreciated.
BGGSM

Post by BGGSM »

CestMoi wrote:Sorry BGGSM. I misunderstood your reasoning behind your questions.
I hope your friends are now successful.

Not a problem at all. :)
BGGSM

Post by BGGSM »

qtnvtll wrote:Between 110 and 120. I was not given an exact rank but it was indicated that the last place offered was about 115. Any further news in the future would be appreciated.
Thanks @qtnvtll. So with the extra 32 places they’ll get to at least Rank 150/160, if not much further. Did you call up the school?
vcs77

Post by vcs77 »

DD has been offered place in St Michael's (first choice). Her ranking was 101.

St Michael's sent a letter end of January (30-01-19).

Some extract of the letter:

"....The PAN for St Michael's was going to be 96, but the governors have decided to increase it to 128 from this September (all other entry conditions for this September remain unaltered - significant changes to the oversubscription criteria planned for September 2020 do not apply for 2019."

..." Previously you have been given information which indicated that historically, those ranked greater than 135 in the Entrance Test rarely gain a place - given that the PAN will increase this September, we can expect that we will be accepting places down to at least 170 if not beyond".....

..." We understand that any changes to your local authority application form at this point will not be actioned until after the first round of offers on 1st March 2019. As the admission process has begun, 96 St Michael's places will be offered on 1st March, then changes to your local authority application will be actioned for an increase by 32 places - which will mean that some candidates will be awarded another school, and then will be offered St Michael's in the second round of offers ( if they are ranked amongst the next 32 students in rank order)"....
shinopt

Post by shinopt »

Hi,

My daughter has got the place in St.Michales. 3 other friends of her also got admission. (ranks of the girls range from 10 to 111).
Anybody looking forward to the transportation options from Uxbridge, Ruislip, Pinner, Northolt etc to St.Michales?
Currently three of us are looking for options. If anybody has any information, please let me know. The bus service from Harrow is not feasible for us.

Thanks
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now