QE boys allocations coming in 236 in 233 rejected

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

QE boys allocations coming in 236 in 233 rejected

Post by Daogroupie »

This is good news. I predicted the last score to get in would be 237/238 so if 236 has got in then the final score to get a place on allocation day is between 236 and 233.

Even though we know one 233 has been rejected there could be other 233s that are closer to the school that could get a place.

Please post any allocations here so we can pin down the actual last score to be offered a place this year. DG
DadAKA

Re: QE boys allocations coming in 236 in 233 rejected

Post by DadAKA »

Daogroupie wrote:This is good news. I predicted the last score to get in would be 237/238 so if 236 has got in then the final score to get a place on allocation day is between 236 and 233.

Even though we know one 233 has been rejected there could be other 233s that are closer to the school that could get a place.

Please post any allocations here so we can pin down the actual last score to be offered a place this year. DG
Allocation day is tomorrow. As such, it wouldn’t make sense (or be legal) for results to already be out unless there is a Feb 29 leap year error?
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

DadAKA wrote:
Daogroupie wrote:This is good news. I predicted the last score to get in would be 237/238 so if 236 has got in then the final score to get a place on allocation day is between 236 and 233.

Allocation day is tomorrow. As such, it wouldn’t make sense (or be legal) for results to already be out unless there is a Feb 29 leap year error?
From elsewhere on the site it looks as though some counties are allocating 1 March as usual despite its being a Sunday.
DadAKA

Post by DadAKA »

Thanks for clarifying
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

235 has now received an offer.

As this is in Slough this probably means that most of 235 will receive an offer so that means it is likely that the last score to get in on allocation day could well be 234 or perhaps 233 closer to the school as the 233 that did not get an offer was Slough.

If it 234 or 233 then that gives hope to those on 232 and 231 as the score usually drops 2 ranks from March to September.

DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Unnecessarily high predictions only make parents and students anxious. Please refrain from predictions in future.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
busyMum2

Post by busyMum2 »

Thanks, DG for the info. At least now we are more sure about the result for my DS who scored 239, which is at the border line. But we still need to wait till tomorrow afternoon for the official offering email...
Silk Road

Post by Silk Road »

busyMum2 wrote:

Thanks, DG for the info. At least now we are more sure about the result for my DS who scored 239, which is at the border line. But we still need to wait till tomorrow afternoon for the official offering email...
239 is boarder line??
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

:lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

busyMum2 wrote:

If the report of the boy with 235 getting a place is accurate, given that QE appears to admit solely on score achieved (no priority places for Pupil Premium etc), with distance - and only distance - coming into play as a tie break, then a score of 239 would only not have secured a place if you had ranked at least one school above QE on your CAF and you DS also qualified for a place there.

Or have I missed something in the admissions policy?
https://d10c5dsrly0c3l.cloudfront.net/w ... Intake.pdf
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx