QE Waiting List

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

CluelessDad

Re: QE Waiting List

Post by CluelessDad »

kwy wrote:As per CluelessDad's message regarding Induction Day on 25th, it seems that his DS got an offer from QE. If this is the case, now it reaches 233.
Wrong assumption and conclusion! I just have good connections at the school. Still waiting :(
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Don’t they publish such information in School calendar?
Jeanieeveritt

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

Hiya , does any of you use 11 plus life line for helping the tuition .

Please respond by PM - moderator
anonymparent

Post by anonymparent »

WL has reached position 17 as per school site.

Congratulations to the people who have received the offer in this round
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

Earlier in the week, the website showed WL 19.

As in previous years, this info has been taken down now that the school is closed.

Good luck to those that are still waiting.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

CluelessDad wrote:
kwy wrote:As per CluelessDad's message regarding Induction Day on 25th, it seems that his DS got an offer from QE. If this is the case, now it reaches 233.
Wrong assumption and conclusion! I just have good connections at the school. Still waiting :(
Have you (has he, rather :) ) got there yet?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Jeanieeveritt

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

Good evening ! Does anyone also took the SWH consortium test ? What is the difference between two results ?
Zoe007

Post by Zoe007 »

QE waiting already reached down to 232 but not all 232s have yet been offered(distance criterion) - very slim chance of any further movement now so assuming this year the minimum score will be 232.
nupsta

Post by nupsta »

I've been meaning to post this update for some time now, since this forum was a real source of help (and, to be honest, some anxiety) when our ds was applying for secondary schools last year. We applied to QE for the September 19 intake. We live in Finchley, so quite close. My son's score was 232, and he made it to the waiting list at number 26. In late July 19, about three days before the end of Summer Term in year 6 we were offered a place. At that point the website was showing the waiting list had reached number 19, which was the highest number that was ever published. Despite trying not to I had been checking the website fairly regularly for movement in the waiting list, and I didn't think we had a chance. Either there was a sudden flurry of activity or they were slow to update the site. We fully expect we were one of the last to be offered a place. When ds started this September we heard that there was one boy still to start the week after term began. We met the headmaster who told us that boys who commute from long distances do find it extremely tough.

My feeling about it is that in previous years my son's score would have been enough for him to be a shoe-in, so one distinct possibility is that the cohort performed at a higher level than in previous years. i.e. it's getting more competitive. My other feeling is that we were extremely lucky and I couldn't be prouder of my ds.

I hope this helps any future prospective parents and student who, like me, scoured the web for any information that would help evaluate our chances.
newblossom

Post by newblossom »

nupsta wrote:I've been meaning to post this update for some time now, since this forum was a real source of help (and, to be honest, some anxiety) when our ds was applying for secondary schools last year. We applied to QE for the September 19 intake. We live in Finchley, so quite close. My son's score was 232, and he made it to the waiting list at number 26. In late July 19, about three days before the end of Summer Term in year 6 we were offered a place. At that point the website was showing the waiting list had reached number 19, which was the highest number that was ever published. Despite trying not to I had been checking the website fairly regularly for movement in the waiting list, and I didn't think we had a chance. Either there was a sudden flurry of activity or they were slow to update the site. We fully expect we were one of the last to be offered a place. When ds started this September we heard that there was one boy still to start the week after term began. We met the headmaster who told us that boys who commute from long distances do find it extremely tough.

My feeling about it is that in previous years my son's score would have been enough for him to be a shoe-in, so one distinct possibility is that the cohort performed at a higher level than in previous years. i.e. it's getting more competitive. My other feeling is that we were extremely lucky and I couldn't be prouder of my ds.

I hope this helps any future prospective parents and student who, like me, scoured the web for any information that would help evaluate our chances.
Thats useful information nupsta. There is general view among this year QE aspirants that 2018 paper was easy compared to previous years hence the jump in cut off from all previous years? Any views on what was the toughness of paper last year..just parents view?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now