Overlapping test dates

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Re: Overlapping test dates

Post by Daogroupie »

HBS, DAO and SW Herts have posted the same sample paper for VR but are not using the same exam paper.

SW Herts has the opportunity to have one GL exam paper as they are using 100% GL for the first time.

For students sitting DAO, HBS and SW Herts the same VR preparation will cover the whole first round for DAO, half of the exam for SW Herts and one third of the first round for HBS. DG
Balfron

Post by Balfron »

This is of interest to me as we are planning to sit SW Herts and DAO. My understanding is that in previous years anyone sitting DAO ‘Verbal Reasoning’ (yes I know it was CEM) would not sit ‘VR’ for SW Herts.
I can’t find anything to confirm if this will be the case this time. Does anyone know?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Read the post above yours.

I have posted that they are not the same VR paper. DG
Balfron

Post by Balfron »

Thank you, DG. I read everything you write and always value your insights. I’ve not been able to find any direct source confirming they will be different. How do you know they are not the same?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

DAO and SW Herts both originally used the same provider (Moray House) for standard format VR.

Then 4 years ago they both moved to CEM and shared a VR paper.

But now they have both moved back to VR with a new provider GL, this time with a Multiple choice paper. But they are not sharing the same paper.

I have confirmed this with the school. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now