QE no hope

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: QE no hope

Post by Daogroupie »

51 in 45 minutes is quite normal in multiple choice.

It will be because he has been preparing in timed conditions. DG
anonymparent

Post by anonymparent »

Jeanieeveritt wrote:Thank you for your encouragement!
The question is what shall I do ? One of the key area of weakness is multi-stage problems . What books shall I get to prepare him ?
There are some good books in the market including the ones from the forum shop.
There are books available for this area for both multiple choice and standard format.

We bought it at a discounted price when we went for the mock arranged by the group, but these are available to be ordered online from here or at Waterstones
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

The Manchester Grammar school maths papers are good and the answers are available too. Other multi stage maths sample papers are provided by the independent schools. Try Dulwich College, Sevenoaks and Alleyns school.
Jeanieeveritt

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

grgygirl wrote:The Manchester Grammar school maths papers are good and the answers are available too. Other multi stage maths sample papers are provided by the independent schools. Try Dulwich College, Sevenoaks and Alleyns school.
Thank you so much .
Jeanieeveritt

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

anonymparent wrote:
Jeanieeveritt wrote:Thank you for your encouragement!
The question is what shall I do ? One of the key area of weakness is multi-stage problems . What books shall I get to prepare him ?
There are some good books in the market including the ones from the forum shop.
There are books available for this area for both multiple choice and standard format.

We bought it at a discounted price when we went for the mock arranged by the group, but these are available to be ordered online from here or at Waterstones
May I asked the name of the book please ?
KingstonMama

Post by KingstonMama »

I think my daughter's standardised score in last year's sutton mocks was similar. I think she was higher in english and lower in maths than yours. We worked a lot on her maths, especially over the summer holidays and she passed stage 1 tiffin and sutton SET, and got a place at nonsuch. So don't give up hope. It's always worth a try and as others say, lots can be done in 15 weeks.
Bee

Post by Bee »

Please do not worry. This time three years ago my daughter had a dip, we took her away for long weekend and she was recharged. We started maths all over again, topic by topic. I timed her for every problem she did and watched her solve them. I realised she was taking too long to do the workings of Erne checking two three times so taught her how she can speed up, though her math as was ok her mental maths wasn’t very good so she had to learn.

One of her friend did QE boys and both him and my DD did CGP practice papers both MC and standard. We also did some bond, GL etc. When he gets a problem wrong it’s good to mark it, put one of those sticky notes and re-do it in few weeks. Maths is all about practice and practice. Your son will be fine, if you lose hope he will give up too. It’s not late at all. All the best
mum1522

Post by mum1522 »

Bond Online has some good multi stage Math problems. If you don't have it already, worth a try??
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now