QE no hope

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jeanieeveritt

QE no hope

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

My child just did a Sutton mock exam , the score is poor . Standardisation score is 205 , 61%English and 71% maths . I don’t have hope for QE . I just need some advise what realistic thing to do from now on to get him in any good school in Watford ? Any Help is appreciated.
Daogroupie

Re: QE no hope

Post by Daogroupie »

Why are you giving up so easily?

There are students who have not even started any preparation yet who will secure a place this year.

Your Sutton mock result has told you that the scores of your ds are not strong enough but you have 15 weeks left to improve your scores.

You can make a lot of improvement if you focus. DG
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

I am in the same boat as OP as My DS has the same standardised score as OP's DC with different raw marks. Our score is 55% in english and 78% in maths. I am a little bit disappointed but have not shown my feelings to DS. We have identified our weak areas from this mock and am not losing hope.

From now we will focus all our energy on getting english to the mark.

Can anybody please point to me what a good or acceptable score at this point is? With regards to schools around Watford including the Independent schools where will this score take us realistically?
Thank you,

Worrybot
booboobdoo

Post by booboobdoo »

Is Sutton Mock a CEM style paper? QE is GL.

Can someone post a link to the Sutton mock
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

The Sutton mock papers are English and maths. They are set by the schools rather than an exam body, the same as the real Sutton exams.
anonymparent

Post by anonymparent »

To the OP and anyone else in the same boat, Mock test results needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.
While mock test is good to prepare your child for the actual exam day, like set up, unfamiliar environment, lots of apprehensive or extra confident kids around etc, the result is not always indicative of the result that they would get in the real examination.

Last year, I have seen many kids excelling in mock exams only to score not so well in the actual exam and the other way round.

My son's score was less than the score posted by you guys last year in Sutton Mock B. He didn't take mock A, so I can't says whether he would have done well or not.
But in September, October, he did really well in all the exams he attended including Sutton and QE.

So don't loose your hope, look at the areas where your DC needs to focus and probably practice a little more specially on the timing side. If I remember correctly most kids last year were saying that they were not able to finish on time in the Sutton Mock.
Jeanieeveritt

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

Thank you for your encouragement!
The question is what shall I do ? One of the key area of weakness is multi-stage problems . What books shall I get to prepare him ?
Jeanieeveritt

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

:?
Jeanieeveritt

Post by Jeanieeveritt »

One of the kids scored 51/51 in 45 minutes . I am so curious how did he do that ?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Jeanieeveritt wrote:One of the kids scored 51/51 in 45 minutes . I am so curious how did he do that ?
Just a thought - he could just be genuinely able?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now