HBS Pastoral Care, Culture

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

HBS_2019

HBS Pastoral Care, Culture

Post by HBS_2019 »

Deleting as I need to do more research and online reading before posting my queries.
Last edited by HBS_2019 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daogroupie

Re: HBS Pastoral Care, Culture

Post by Daogroupie »

So you put the school first on the CAF form and now you have all these concerns?

Are they new concerns since you applied in October last year and then accepted the place in March?

Did you go to the open day last year?

It seems a very strange time to start having all these concerns?

Do you know any girls at the school or families with girls who were previously at the school?

It is a requirement for these policies to be published on the website.

Have you had a browse to see what you can find?

I know many girls at the school and it seems that these issues are dealt with in a sensible manner as you would expect.

As girls come from so far away a phone will really help them communicate if there are transport delays but there is a wide range of approaches by schools concerning the use of phones at school. I am sure an HBS parent will come along shortly to update you on some of these issues. DG
HBS_2019

Post by HBS_2019 »

Daogroupie wrote:So you put the school first on the CAF form and now you have all these concerns?

Are they new concerns since you applied in October last year and then accepted the place in March?

Did you go to the open day last year?

It seems a very strange time to start having all these concerns?

Do you know any girls at the school or families with girls who were previously at the school?

It is a requirement for these policies to be published on the website.

Have you had a browse to see what you can find?

I know many girls at the school and it seems that these issues are dealt with in a sensible manner as you would expect.

As girls come from so far away a phone will really help them communicate if there are transport delays but there is a wide range of approaches by schools concerning the use of phones at school. I am sure an HBS parent will come along shortly to update you on some of these issues. DG

So you put the school first on the CAF form and now you have all these concerns? --> Is that a problem here? If I have these concerns , I am simply asking other parents to help me with their experience. I am not asking anyone to judge me about my choices in CAF.

We did go for Open session and asked about these things with school also with the girls and their reply was very brief , that is the reason i am posting my queries here.

Yes, my these questions started to come in my mind after getting the offer , I spoke to one parent and they also had similar queries and honestly they are not very happy about few things.

Anyways, If you think my query is very basic and I should do more research and introspection before posting in this forum then I will keep a note of that.
Thanks.
Hera

Post by Hera »

I didn't see your initial post, but I think it is not uncommon to feel a bit nervous when the prospect of secondary school becomes a reality, especially if it is your first child going. I have a few friends with children at HBS and generally the feedback is that it is a caring and nurturing school but I am sure someone with first hand experience will be able to give you more help.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I did not say that they were basic.

Quite the opposite. They are things that I certainly would have wanted to address before signing up for seven years at the school.

It is great that you went to the open day but if you did not feel your concerns were being addressed there I am surprised you went ahead and put the school first on your caf form.

We applied for the school but put it second feeling that some things that were important to us were better at another school.

Each family has its own priorities.

Things that were important to us may be non issues to other families.

There are lots of parents here who I am sure can put your mind at rest. DG
HBS_2019

Post by HBS_2019 »

yes, you are absolutely right. we should have done more research. Anyways I am sure someone will share more information which will help us and other parents.
May thanks for posting your replies. I Will also comb other forum post and do some more search.

Thanks again. lets hope for the best :-)