QE boys English Test prep

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mptmum

QE boys English Test prep

Post by mptmum »

Hi,
I wasn't sure where to post this question so I've started a new topic. I hope that's ok.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the 'First Past the Post' English practice papers?
My son has been working through the CGP and GL papers.
I had a look at the FPTP papers and they are very different to the others. The text passage for the comprehension is exceptionally long. One passage was about 200 lines long!
Does anyone know if this is realistic - are the comprehension passages in the QE boys test that long?
Thank you
tweet85

Re: QE boys English Test prep

Post by tweet85 »

I also looked at it. They are quite long? Did you get a reply or did someone PM you regarding this? If so do let me know.
Lcwic1

Re: QE boys English Test prep

Post by Lcwic1 »

Hi,
My son sat the recent QE exam. He didn’t say the passage was very long, when I asked him he said it was like a page A4 or slightly more, but this is what he remembers now, so I don’t really know if he remembers right.
But in general, with our experience with 2 kids taking the QEB, first past the post papers were very useful. It made them speed up with time as well. Practicing with a slight difference is also good just in case the exam is not exactly the same length passages. My older son found the first past the post English papers to be the hardest from what he did during practice (2017 QEB exam he got 115 English score) and my son who did the exam recently found the first past the post papers easier than all other papers (130 English score at QEB exam) both of them passed with overall 255 and 250. I strongly recommend doing both pack 1 and 2 in them for maths and english.Hope this helps with your prep.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now