QE Boys English exam time

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Codermum

QE Boys English exam time

Post by Codermum »

Hello,
I've heard conflicting information. Looking at the QEB website hasn't helped. How long is the english test? 50 mins or 45 mins. Thanks
sonu17

Re: QE Boys English exam time

Post by sonu17 »

It varies a bit every year, there isn't a fixed # of questions. Not sure if the time duration is fixed either. I guess children need to be mentally prepared for slight variation.
The exam has got more competitive over the years, with parents spending a fortune on tuitions and mocks. I expect a somewhat level playing field this year as children have mostly prepared at home and mock exams/group tuitions have been less of a factor in preparation.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

As said it changes every year.

Part of what they are testing is the ability to respond to the instructions you are given and behave accordingly. DG
Ta-ta

Post by Ta-ta »

Hi, base on our experience the boys should be able to give the accurate answer in very short time. QE exam is about speed and accuracy. Kids can learn everything but without the speed will be very hard to achieve the marks needed. Base on my child opinion - the exam wasn’t as hard, but time was the issue. Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now