HBS Exam Format

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

zubi11+

HBS Exam Format

Post by zubi11+ »

Hi All,

As the exam day is coming closer for HBS more questions striking my DD's mind. We have done few mock exams for HBS and based on the test provider the exam format is a bit different. Please can someone tell me what exactly the HBS first round format looks like? I know it will be MCQ -English+ SPAG, VR and NVR, but I am not sure what is the time for each subject and if there is going to be any break in between?

Any idea abut how many sections does NVR have and what is the time format for NVR?

Normally, in mocks it was written in the front that each section has these many minutes allocated, is it same for HBS or is it something that will be announced?

I just want to clarify these doubts for my DD so that she can go to the exam with free mind.

Many Thanks
ToadMum

Re: HBS Exam Format

Post by ToadMum »

zubi11+ wrote:Hi All,

As the exam day is coming closer for HBS more questions striking my DD's mind. We have done few mock exams for HBS and based on the test provider the exam format is a bit different. Please can someone tell me what exactly the HBS first round format looks like? I know it will be MCQ -English+ SPAG, VR and NVR, but I am not sure what is the time for each subject and if there is going to be any break in between?

Any idea abut how many sections does NVR have and what is the time format for NVR?

Normally, in mocks it was written in the front that each section has these many minutes allocated, is it same for HBS or is it something that will be announced?

I just want to clarify these doubts for my DD so that she can go to the exam with free mind.

Many Thanks
I'm sure someone will be able to tell you what the exam looked like when their DD took it, but seriously, the best thing to tell your DD is that the most important thing for her to remember is to deal with the exam that she is taking on the day. So read, very carefully, the instructions on the paper actually in front of her and listen, very carefully, to any instructions given by the staff actually running the exam (or to any recorded instructions, if that is what they use). It isn't going to help her at all to tell her, your exam experience will be 'like this' and have her miss something vital on the day because the actual exam that the school is running is not exactly 'like that'.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

+ 1

Schools do not release this level of information.

It is one paper, MC English, VR and NVR.

Your mock providers have not done you any favours if they have created expectations as to any more detail about the paper than that.

She needs to read what is written and listen to what is told.

That will be the key to success. DG
zubi11+

Post by zubi11+ »

thank you, I have explained this to her :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now