HBS results for the first round

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Wbbb

Re: HBS results for the first round

Post by Wbbb »

Hello all,
I was wondering if anybody would like to recycle their gl assessment papers, or any other study materials for this exam if their daughter has now sat it, please?

Hope Wbbb gets some response!
It can be very helpful if people are prepared to donate old papers to other parents who may be able to use them but please note we do not allow advertising papers for sale on the forum :wink: - Hermanmunster Moderator
zubi11+

Post by zubi11+ »

I think its more to do with reassurance as after going through this process first time, I can now understand how it feels :?

But it is disappointing to see school has not given any information which parents can refer to- I think it is to do with the selection criteria of the school.. may be..not sure :roll:

Can someone provide some tips regarding the prep for the second round as my DD is bored now as have done all the test packs and I am not sure what exactly I should be following

Is it correct that for HBS second round maths the questions are all long calculations and are mostly problem solving?
thisisnuts

Post by thisisnuts »

fiate2000 wrote:I am trying to figure out if past range of standardised scores for first round helps at all.

Any future candidate will get the ranking along with standardised score of first round.
What makes you say that?

This is what the Admissions Policy says, as it always has:

Henrietta Barnett Admissions Policy for Entry in 2021-2022

"Candidates who are not invited to sit the second round will be informed of this prior to the deadline for the
submission of the Common Application Form (CAF). At this point they will be able to request their daughter’s
overall standardised score and also the cut off score for the top 300 candidates.

Scores and rankings will not be released for candidates invited to sit second round tests on the basis that those
who may eventually be offered a place at the School should arrive as equals.

Second Round candidates who are subsequently not offered a place by the Local Authority on National Offers Day,
and who do not wish to remain on the Waiting List for the School, can request their test scores."
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The school can't rank the top 300, once identified on the basis of being the group with a score equal to or exceeding that of the 300th candidate, because the actual ranking of applicants for places, that is, those whose parents name the school as one of their preferences on their CAF is determined by the oversubscription criteria, which prioritise factors other than purely the applicant's score.

(And of course, unless putting your DD in for the HBS selection is by it's very nature the province of the truly delusional, the number of applications which it receives will be roughly in the region of the number of girls invited back for round two. Not the total number of exam candidates that the school - and Barnet Council's admissions team, who should know better, for heaven's sake - persist in declaring. Seriously, some boards of governors really haven't ever got over the introduction of the School Standards and Framework Act and the statutory Admissions Code :roll:).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now