Where to relocate for QE boys easy commute

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
AARDHEE

Re: Where to relocate for QE boys easy commute

Post by AARDHEE »

Thanks loobylou ,Your feedback is much appreciated .

Rgds
jingo21

Post by jingo21 »

Sp007 wrote:My son may get a place in Qe boys as scores for 2021 entry are out and looks promising. Need advice on where to relocate so that we do not miss on after school activities or school events. I travel south of London and DH near Stevenage.
We feel public transport may not suit DS atleast for the initial couple of years and us dropping/picking everyday from school doesn’t seem feasible. We won’t mind school coach and occasional drop off/pick ups. How many days does QE has afterschool activities? Is there any better transport option if we choose place like bushey or Borehamwood or Pinner ? Suggestions on a decent place to live considering our situation is appreciated. Thanks
Hi

We are in Stevenage and my son in yr 9 at QE boys , if you need know any information about traveling from stevenage you can pm me I am happy to help.
nomitaga

Post by nomitaga »

is it possible to travel to QE boys from stevenage ... also are there any private school in stevenage
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Read the post just above yours above about a Y9 ds coming from Stevenage every day for 2 years.

As you know excellent fast train service into Kings Cross and then you are on the right side of London.

A much easier commute than others are doing.

You could also change at Hatfield and pick up the bus from the station. I know of lots of boys who take the bus from Hatfield and it would be a good way of meeting other QE students. I know of Y7 Sept 22 boys who will be on that bus. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

nomitaga wrote:is it possible to travel to QE boys from stevenage ... also are there any private school in stevenage
Googling (other search engines are available)private school in stevenage threw up this website, amongst others, which may help? https://www.isc.co.uk/schools/england/hertfordshire/
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx