Latymer results will come out Tuesday or Wednesday this week

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stowic

Re: Latymer results will come out Tuesday or Wednesday this

Post by Stowic »

Thanks nyr, that makes sense. Just more waiting now then, and possibly for the next 8 months!
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

Thanks, onemoretogo21, and congratulations!!

I see that there is a good number of postcodes as the catchment of Latymer. I do not remember where exactly, but I noticed that they (Latymer) do not give preference to any postcode, in particular, you just need to be in the catchment.
I am not sure what it means!!

This is my understanding of catchment - in the case of oversubscription, if there are 2 children with the same standardized mark, then they will definitely give preference to the child who is nearer to the school. Is this right?

Also the general rule for catchment - the more nearer to the school, the better the chance - is it holds good for Latymer as well?
PP
nyr

Post by nyr »

From http://www.latymer.co.uk/user/pages/09. ... -Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Inner Area means applicants whose Main Address is in the following postcode areas; E2, E4, E5, E8, E9, E17, EN1, EN2, EN3, EN4, EN5 (Sectors 1, 2, 4, 5 only),EN8 (Sectors 7, 8, 9 only), N1 (not N1C), N2, N3, N4, N5, N6, N7, N8, N9, N10, N11, N12, N13, N14, N15, N16, N17, N18, N19, N20, N21, N22. There is no preference within this list.

In the event of a ‘tie’ situation for the last available place, due to applicants achieving the identical aggregate age-standardised test score within a category, preference will first be given to students who are on pupil premium but haven't been offered a place under this category, then to students who show exceptional musical talent but haven't been offered a place under this category and then those who live closest to the school by straight line measurement from the school to the permanent residence address.

If I was moving for this school and had other children to consider then I would think about being near a good primary or secondary rather than worrying about the very last tied score.
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

In terms of moving before Jan 8th - I hope there might be some flexibility on this date based on the current situation. Any information based on history?

1) Any idea by when normally Latymer 2nd round results will be out? (I know it is in Dec, but 1st /2nd week ?)
2) Is there any rule that the people who move before Jan 8, must not own any property? ( Some schools have similar rules, hence I am asking. I could not find any such thing in the published letters, just double-checking)
PP
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

pn8572 wrote:In terms of moving before Jan 8th - I hope there might be some flexibility on this date based on the current situation. Any information based on history?

1) Any idea by when normally Latymer 2nd round results will be out? (I know it is in Dec, but 1st /2nd week ?)
2) Is there any rule that the people who move before Jan 8, must not own any property? ( Some schools have similar rules, hence I am asking. I could not find any such thing in the published letters, just double-checking)
I would not expect them to have any flexibility regarding this date. Don't forget that the majority of people are sitting the exam and applying to the school because they live in the catchment, not that they are expecting to move there.
Feniya

Post by Feniya »

pn8572 wrote:In terms of moving before Jan 8th - I hope there might be some flexibility on this date based on the current situation. Any information based on history?

In the letter we got along with the result , stated there may be an extension to the date, will confirm when they are able.

FOR FAMILIES APPLYING FROM OUTSIDE OUR PUBLISHED INNER AREA
Please note that the 192 places are ONLY available to those candidates residing in the Inner Area. Therefore, please provide the following documents, showing your new address by 8 January 2021 (there may be an extension to this date, we will confirm when we are able)in order for your application to be considered:
•Signed tenancy agreement, or
•Evidence of exchange of contracts for a property purchase
•Evidence showing that you have vacated your previous property
•Paid Council tax bill
•Paid Utility bills showing usage
Due to our tests being delayed due to Covid 19 restrictions, local authorities will show some flexibility if you wish to change your preference for a selective school – you should contact them directly if you wish to alter your preferences
pn8572

Post by pn8572 »

Thanks, Feniya for the reconfirmation. In fact, that makes perfect sense. If Latymer expects only children from IC, then they should not even invite application from OOC parents. They do expect children from OOC with condition that to get admission you need to move to IC, which is sensible.

Since everyone going through an unprecedented time, Latymer could not publish the final rank list before Oct 31. Every year parents get clear 2 months to move. This time it is not fair to say that people should move in 2 weeks' time(referring to one of the previous responses in this forum). I think the Latymer admission team is doing good and they understand the situation.
PP
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They have no choice.

They lost an adjudication and were forced to open their exams to all Y6 students in the UK. Previous to that their exam was only for students in the catchment.

You could argue that parents should not sit their student for the exam if they have no intention of moving. DG
gv0019

Post by gv0019 »

Hi, My daughter wrote the Latymer exam on 14/Nov, Any update when the results will be out ? I know Latymer has already shared results for the initial set of candidates who wrote the exam earlier.
Shnutrux

Post by Shnutrux »

Wow. I didn’t realise they were still sitting. Hope it went well for your DD! We’re new to this, but guessing they would have to let all late sitters know if they are to have their English marked, before they release the final results in early December?...All terribly confusing given the unprecedented times, so I may be completely wrong. You may have more luck contacting admissions for that info now though.....as they may be less busy than they were in Oct. All the best.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now